*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/441481-Think-Cool
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#441481 added July 20, 2006 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
Think Cool.
5,310 views

*Balloon1*           SUMMER: 6 Kalimat (18 July)          *Balloon1*



*Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3* Think cool *Cool*!


Weather where I am: 89º.
Weather in Everett, Washington when my niece lives: 59º.
Weather in Cartago, Costa Rica: 65º. The Tropics aren't always hot!


Got an Awardicon for "Boise City from Vivian . It was a nice way to open the email. She replied she was just a messenger from "Invalid Item.

However, today is brought to you by the color blue. Too warm otherwise and tomorrow is supposed to be a killer (literally, could hit 106º).

IMAGES

Sun glaring through the a/c bus, leaving the driving to someone else; the smooth, the glide, the jerky stop; pen jitters to the rhythm of the wheels; May says 'hello' even though it isn't Saturday (a private joke); it's hot; the bank says 94º, I don't believe it; the next says 98º, the next 101º, I don't beleive them either; green grass, but the corn is short and dry, (perhaps we all should eat lawns like rabbits); the stalks tassle irregardless, a way of saying 'hope'; we stop at the indoor aquatic center, then leave for 'home'.


WyLma Darlene Mortell rides a wheeelchair around town. She takes it to work some mornings before the buses roll. She doesn't let much stop her. We were talking the other day, so I sketched this (by-the-way, she HATES pank!):

Darlene and her red-lips phone!

Darlene drives her chair to work,
Five a.m., her rear lights flashing,
They quit,
her joystick's stuck,
her energy is low,
her sugar suspect.

She gets out her new pink cell phone,
puts lips to lips
and dreams of silk
(soft baby blue)
while counting rings.
It's early morning
and she's learning patience (among other things)
like: bruises hurt,
and life just sucks
unless you smile.

She breaks into her radiant smile,
brighter than the red lips on her new pink phone.
Someone's answered; someone's home!
[163.254]

It is now 95º here, heat index of 109º! And now I need to go out and attend to the water flooding the corn and the garden I need to plant before 5 p.m. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/441481-Think-Cool