*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431427-Schools-out
Rated: · Book · Other · #1091533
my blog thingamajiggy
#431427 added June 6, 2006 at 1:16pm
Restrictions: None
School's out!
Finally.

An update in the school levy field...

Sports and all extra curriculars are cut from the North Fork Local School System unless we can raise several thousand dollars.

One way we are working to accomplish this: Selling 500 dollar lottery/raffle tickets. We need to sell a thousand of them. That's it.

That seems really stupid to me. Who would want to buy a five-hundred dollar ticket? Where in the world would they find a thousand buyers?

I don't know. Personally, I think that it was a stupid idea and that I'm not going to have marching band next year. You know what I say? Whatever. I give up. I don't care. My community wants to give up on me, I give up on them.

I'm just glad that school's out.

Now I have less homework, at least.

I know I don't seem to be in a very good mood at the moment. That's partially because of my naturally sarcastic nature, and partially because of the idjit. The idjit, my "friend" Alexandra. She's driving me up the walls. I'm supposed to be teaching her how to play the mellophone. I need her number so that I can call her up and schedule and out-of-school lesson. She writes a phone-number, in pink ink, in sloppy handwriting, on my hand on the last day of school. I tried today to call her up and, lo and behold, it was the wrong phone number. Is her phone number listed? Can I look it up simply by knowing her address? No. Of course she's not listed. That would actually be helpfull. What kind of idiot forgets their own phone number? Oh, I could flick her if she were within reach.

© Copyright 2006 Xanthe Forest (UN: xanthe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Xanthe Forest has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431427-Schools-out