*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428870-
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1111428
Jamie, the new Superboy, helps residents of a community that is stricken by a hurricane.
#428870 added May 27, 2006 at 3:58pm
Restrictions: None
H U R R I C A N E G R E G O R Y– Part 29
“I’m not really sure, Jamie. But my best guess right now is that lightning strike, in combination with the brief exposure to Zyrtonium and Kryptonite, while he was wearing the power ring, has caused the power, which he was drawing from you, to be engrained in Greggy’s body permanently!”

“Wow!” Jamie gasped, as he turned to stare at his best friend, who was still lying on the bed in the conversion chamber. “You mean; he has super powers of his own?”

“I am certain that he does!” Superman replied.

The Man of Steel then spoke through the microphone, so that Greg could hear his instructions.

“Alright, Greggy. Everything looks like you’re just fine. But I’m gonna run this test one more time just to make sure. It’ll only take another few minutes and then you’ll be able to come on out and get dressed.”

The second test yields the exact same results. Clark and Jamie both took deep breaths and then Clark spoke into the microphone.

“OK, Greggy, you can come on out now!”

“So, Dad, Greggy’s like me now, except for one thing. Do you have any theories?” Jamie asked as he watched Greg stand up and walk towards the chamber door.

Greg opened the door and stepped out joining Clark and Jamie.

“Greg is very much like you now, Jamie, but not exactly.”

Greg asked Clark, “So you’re saying Jamie’s powers are permanent in me now? I’m like a super boy now, even without the rings?”

“There is something different about your powers, Greg. I can’t quite make out what it is, but it was caused by the lightning strike. It has something to do with that, I think.”

Jamie and Greg exchanged glances and then looked back at Clark.

“I know that’s awfully vague boys, but for now, it’s all I’ve got. We’re just gonna hafta wait and see. The important thing, Greggy, is that you’re unharmed. That’s far more important that what powers you may or may not have gained from all this. We can all be very grateful that the lightening strike didn’t hurt you very badly. That is the most important thing!”

Jamie agreed emphatically as he laid his palm on Greg’s shoulder.

Clark added. “Greggy, it is only because of your quick thinking that Jamie and Wes are alive today. That meteorite was poison to both of them and they had no one to help them, but you. You took it on yourself to get the meteorite away from them, even though it was making you sick too. Thank you so much, Greggy for saving the lives of my sons. You are a hero, son. Do you realize that? You’re a hero!”

Greggy blushed and heaved a sigh as he murmured. “Wow. I never dreamed in a million years I’d hear these words from the ‘Man of Steel!’”

Clark answered, “Greggy, I’m so proud of you. I couldn’t be prouder of you, if you were my own son.”

At those words, Greggy beamed with pride. Clark embraced the boy in a fatherly hug, followed by Jamie who hugged him with full strength. Now that Greg was a super boy, he no longer had to hold back his strength.

Clark said, “Boys, I think we’re about done here. We should be getting back to Metropolis. I need to grab a quick bite of lunch and then I’d better get on back to the office. I’ve got a story I’m working on and I’m up against a deadline!”

As they made their way through the labyrinth of corridors, floating above the floor to the great door at the exit to the Fortress, Greg asked Clark, “So, what should I do now, Mister Kent?”

“First, we need to tell your parents. Then, I’ll want to come back here with you, and teach you how to use and control your powers. You’re a lot stronger than you’re used to, right now. Everything around you is very fragile, especially other people. Like, just now, Jamie and I hugged you really tight, just like you normally would’ve hugged any of your family or friends. But you’re a super boy now! I’ve only had the luxury of hugging Jamie and Wes really tight, up to now. But I can’t do that with Lois, nor could Jamie or Wes. When we hug normal people, we have to watch it. We have to hold back. Now you have to hold back on almost everything, Greggy, because now you live in a world made of very delicate glass!”

They left the fortress. It was Greggy’s honor to lock the great steel door. They quickly flew back to Metropolis. Presently, they landed at the Kent’s home where Clark changed back into his Clark Kent persona and called Lois at work. Then he dialed Herb and Amy’s phone number. Amy answered. He asked her if he could drop by that evening, explaining that he had some important information to share with Herb and her.

Clark drove to Herb and Amy Henriquez’ house on his way home from work. He knocked on the door and Amy answered.

Amy greeted Clark and invited him inside and offered him a seat in the living room. She went into the kitchen to prepare a pot of coffee. Momentarily, she reentered the living room with Herb. Greg had heard Clark’ arrival and came out of his room and sat down on the sofa next to him. He was somewhat apprehensive. Clark reassured him that everything was going to be just fine.

Clark got right to the point. “Herb and Amy, thank you both for seeing me like this. I have something very important to tell you. It involves something that happened to Greggy and my son Jamie, when you were down in Florida.”

As Herb and Amy blanched, Amy asked, “What? What’s happened to Gregory and Jamie?”

“Well, first, I want you both to know right off that they’re both just fine. They’re not hurt or sick, so please, both of you, rest easy on that account. This doesn’t involve injury or disease or anything like that.”

Herb and Amy visibly relaxed at Clark’s words of reassurance.

Clark continued. “But there WAS an accident. Greggy was struck by lightening.”

Amy whimpered in anguish as she looked from Clark to Greg. Greg hastened to reassure his parents.

“It’s not what you think, Mom. Like Mr. Kent said, I’m not hurt. I’m OK. Please, just listen to what he has to say” the boy said to his parents.

“I’ve done a preliminary examination of Gregory, and I’ve come to the conclusion that Greg has been permanently endowed with super powers during a freak accident, a lightening strike, involving Greggy, Jamie and Wesley, while they were cleaning up storm debris down in Gulf Breeze after the hurricane” Clark explained. “Please rest assured that he’ll be fine and I don’t see any negative effects from it. He’s perfectly healthy.”

Both Amy and Herb stared at him in confusion.

To be continued


My website contains my works of science fiction and fantasy.

Check out my website at http://www.superfantasystories.com
© Copyright 2006 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428870-