*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427284-Graduation-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#427284 added May 25, 2006 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Graduation Day
          SPRING: 5 'Azamát (21 May)          


*Smile* *Bigsmile* *Laugh*           Graduation Day           *Laugh* *Bigsmile* *Smile*



Weather where I am: 80º and warm this afternoon.

Weather where my mother is in Amherst, NY: 47º and chilly.

Weather in La Paz, Bolivia: 54º. COLD at night! like 25º.

Meeting Gastón, so don't know how much I'll be able to enter today. He's from Bolivia, but lives now in D.C. Unfortunately, his mother was unable to come for the graduation this year. Must go!

IMAGES

Red and white license plate from Costa Rica; scent from the rug store and barbershop; group speaking Spanish, the word 'horchata'; two purple finches on a wire; boy with light red-brown hair matching the dog he was walking.


Why the coreopsis blooms


And the poppy is pulled
before its time, no pink
corsage for its silver leaves.
They droop; the cut of roots
has sapped its strength. Along
the fence the weeds await:
the stunted marigolds
and lace-like larkspurs,
the high-faluting hollyhocks.
Without a flower they're more
greenery to mow or hoe. So
the coreopsis dazzles us
with golden orbs. It plans
to bloom all summer.
[163.126]

Went to the Hill. Hot. Managed to survive it! Sat with Gastón and friends. Got pictures of the Bolivians. Fun to hear the chancellor of the university sing. Liz saw me after and gave me a bottle of water. It is good to have friends.

3,404 views as of today. Slow but surely.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427284-Graduation-Day