*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423066-Ponca-City-and-Blackwell-publicity-and-signing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #999348
A publication journal mapping the travels of my writings
#423066 added May 2, 2006 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
Ponca City and Blackwell publicity and signing
April 28, 2006, Jacque Graham picked me up in her car, and we drove to Ponca City, Oklahoma. We had an appointment to present the Ponca City Library with a copy of Hidden Lies and Other Stories and Walking the Earth: Life's Perspectives in Poetry. Jacque is one of the eight poets with work in the poetry collection.

The Ponca City News had a photographer present to take a picture to go in the paper, which it did Sunday morning.

Friday morning, we went to the Blackwell Library to present them with a copy of each book. The Blackwell paper had a photographer there, but his camera didn't work. I loaned him mine. The picture and news caption will come out some time this week.

Jacque and I presented a copy of each book to Blackwell Library.


Sunday afternoon, we arrived at Brace Books and More in Ponca City to find the following beside the busy street:

The book store in Ponca City gave us advertising, even on their sign by the road.


The store had placed a news release in the Ponca paper earlier and put fliers in all the sacks sent home with buyers. The owners and employees were kind and helpful.

Both of us at the Ponca City signing


As you can see in the photo above, they set up a very good display and table for us.

Then I was caught as I signed a book, too.

I'm caught in the act of signing a book.


If nothing else, the books received tons of publicity in that part of the state. The store now has a poster covering each book, too, on its back wall where they promote Oklahoma authors.

Does this make me a professional author?

Viv
** Image ID #1063844 Unavailable **
www.viviangilbertzabel.com
ASIN: 141163103X
Product Type: Book
Amazon's Price: $ 17.07

ASIN: 1411644476
Amazon's Price: $ 16.12

© Copyright 2006 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423066-Ponca-City-and-Blackwell-publicity-and-signing