*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420506-My-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#420506 added April 19, 2006 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
My day
SPRING: 11 Jalál (19 April)


TREASURE OF MY DAY

To understand me today please take a moment to read sentimente's incredibly beautiful and inspirational entry of April 12th: "Invalid Entry. This is only a short excerpt:

More than any other day, this one special day I open myself up to the energies of all life surrounding, reacquaint myself with the greatest beauty that mankind could never make on its own. To be alive on this day is to accept my rightful place as a survivor among all foliage and fauna that still exists to eke out another day's fortune. I am one with all them because I am still alive, still able to make my presence count, still aware that my fight has not ended and that I have won where others have not. I owe thanks that I still hold membership with them in the exclusive club called Life.

On this the day of the Will of God, in the month of the Glory of God:

weather where I am: 66º and sunny.

weather where a dear friend is: 68º and nice.

I called a good friend back east today and asked him if he had good news. He does. Another bambino due this summer! That makes due bambini, both boys. He cheered me up with his great news. I reciprocated by sharing what little good news I have.

Because he is irrepressibly joyful, I was eagerly waiting to hear his voice. It was even more cheerful than normal. Gotta love these people (they are rare) who have the ability to spread sunshine into the darkest corners. *Smile*

That I'm doing my blog is a sign I didn't get to do what I wanted to do today. However, I already treated myself to a hazelnut latté (first in about a year ... can't remember the last one). And Richard League, bless his artistic heart, gave my a large pizza roll to munch on. It's gone *Bigsmile*!


SENSED

iris; pink rose!; oxalis with its yellow flowers; bleeding heart; purple heuchera leaves; smelled of crushed wild garlic; geranium, pink and red.

News Flash: Austria 2, Japan 0. In the Mojo Wars, it appears that the Austrians have the most sexually satisfied couples, Japan the least. Austria wins the gold.

Went to a forum this noon on the preservation of open space around the city. They are focusing on conservation easements and eco-devolopment funding. The four projects include a pedestrian bridge across the river, connecting nature trails, old-growth woods, untouched prairie. There is one endangered orchid they are interested in. They are not getting into the Baker Wet Lands controversy that pits the developers against the rights of indigenous peoples. Messy fight.


Sketched on the 8th:

Lost in Austria?


I am not home today. Blank faced,
I travel to the land of stars,
green lakes. Three moons greet me
on the other side of Mars
in these Venusian dreams, displaced.

I'm not here today. I'm gone,
unraveling dreams of Zanzibar,
blue sky. Your voice greets me
when the phone's picked up. My scars
and the Venetian blinds are drawn.

I'm not home these days. I track
the ovals of my mind with char-
coal pencils, pen. They guide me
through the nether door ajar
for Viennese Kaffee mit Schlag. [163.49]

Always think of Liliane Thompson when Austria is mentioned. Can't help it. Coffee, maybe a bit of spice, and cream on top, of course! *Laugh*

Stop the presses, my sister just called! My, oh my, the earth is a shaking.


About blog stats:

I've hit 2,555 views. This month, 504 come from unknown sources; however, some come from links in other blogs!

The top 4:

With 67:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1028995 by Not Available.
and you'll find a lovely photo, too!

With 18:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1005113 by Not Available.
and welcome to the rainbow *Smile*.

With 10:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#999212 by Not Available.


With 6:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1073754 by Not Available.
and there is the most charming baby photo I've ever seen, entitled: Who? Me?

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420506-My-day