*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402294-Search-coming-to-an-endmaybe
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#402294 added January 26, 2006 at 2:39pm
Restrictions: None
Search coming to an end...maybe
As I have mentioned before...well, complained about... is how hard it is for me to find a pair of jeans! I was blessed with curves and I am convinced that the designers out there focus only on the girls who were born without them!! I am not complaining about the fact that I have curves. I mean, I can at least say I have NEVER had an issue with filling out the back of my jeans unlike some poor unfortunate souls out there! *Bigsmile*

Anyway, since I wear jeans to work on a daily basis I tend to go through them a little faster than the average person. The pair I put on today I noticed was getting a worn spot on the top of my thigh. They have that lighter color running down the middle of the legs so it makes the material thinner...dangit!!

I decided to run to the mall at lunchtime today in hopes to find a replacement pair...I really like these jeans. *Frown* They happen to be Calvin Klein, which is one of the few brands I have found to fit me best, but I usually only find them at Marshall Fields. I walked in to Marshall Fields and went to the Junior section. No, I am not trying to hang onto my youth that is slowly slipping away, I just don't find the Misses/Women section clothing young enough for me! *Smile*

As I walked around in search of the Calvin Klein jean area I found multiple jeans with designs all over them in sequins, jewels, or stripes of other materials. There they were, Calvin Klein. To my surprise they no longer make "normal" jeans. Every pair had stretch added to them and had some weird design to them. What is up with ALL jeans being stretchy?! I understand the fitted look, but dang...every stinkin' pair?!

I continued my search and made it to the misses section. I found "normal" jeans that had no stretch to them; however, they were not Calvin Klein. At this point I decided I may as well try other brands. A very nice sales woman walked over asked if she could help...little did she know! *Wink*

I told her I wanted jeans that were lower than my regular waist, but not down to my hair line and I wanted no stretch material in them. There they were, Tommy Hilfiger jeans in the boyfriend cut. They didn't have regular length, but did have the long length, which I usually like better anyway.

Made my way to the fitting room and cringed at the thought of exposing my body to the mirror that may have someone watching behind it, but oh well...it is their fault for looking, right?! *Bigsmile* I put them on and...PERFECTION!!! Well, other than the fact they didn't erase all my fat that is!! *Smile*

So, for any of you out there loving your curves and hating jean shopping, I highly suggest trying a pair of these jeans!!!!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402294-Search-coming-to-an-endmaybe