*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398966-Effect-Headaches
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1054703
before it gets too out of hand.
#398966 added January 12, 2006 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Effect: Headaches
If you haven't a clue as to what a headache is or have never had one, I recommend a head examination. *Pthb* All kidding aside, anger results in headaches of varying intensity. For the most part, the angrier I am, the stronger the headache. Along with tears, headaches are the most immediate effect my anger has on me. Normally, as my anger subsides, my headache goes away, so I don't bother with Advil or any other drugs. I've been rethinking this strategy, though, as I am beginning to wonder if it's just the same headache time and again. My anger headaches tend to start in the temples and mess with my sinuses. They come on as I feel myself on the verge of yelling at a person, but when I opt to keep my yap shut, the pressure builds. After about twenty minutes, the pain will ebb a little, but the pain doesn't totally recede until I am in an environment completely removed from the tense situation. For example, I'll get really ticked with a co-worker at work. I 'll have the headache until I'm in the parking lot heading home for the day. That's basically the duration of my headaches. Along with the pain, I sometimes deal with nasal discharge and the constant need to pop my ears. I sometimes also become lightheaded, although that tends to happen more with brief flashes of anger than the long distance headaches. It may be due to my repeated eustachian tube issues, but I'm honestly not sure. So for now, headaches are a physical manifestation of my anger. However, in conjunction with my anger, there may be an underlying physical ailment responsible for the intensity.

For some reason, only drugs and sleep seem to do anything for my headaches. I'm not a relaxing type when a non-pharmaceutical will abate the ache. It can be an all or nothing issue for me.

© Copyright 2006 Elisa: Middle Aged Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa: Middle Aged Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398966-Effect-Headaches