*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394016-Pack-Your-Bags
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #1024386
The days of Michelle's life as a wife, mother, daughter, employee
#394016 added December 22, 2005 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
Pack Your Bags!
We're going on a guilt trip! Mothers are very good at making their children feel guilty. And they pass it onto their daughters. And this goes on way beyond childhood. My mother can still make me feel guilty and I have 3 children of my own! I used to wonder why she did that and now as a mother, I know why. Mothers feel their own guilt all the time. My own guilt in having to take my baby to the sitter and not be able to stay home with her even though she enjoys being around the other children there and plays wildly but I have to work. Then I feel guilty that I have to work. Then I feel guilty for feeling guilty because I work. See the cycle? Mothers have so much guilt they have to pass some onto their children now and then. I want the best for my children and I try to make the best decisions for their care and safety and worry I did something wrong and then feel guilty about it. Simple things like what to make her for dinner then feeling guilty because she didn't like it and I should have made something else. It never ends. And now I have to go shopping for Christmas presents and I feel guilty I'm not home with my baby instead of shopping and feeling guilty that I spent too much money and feeling guilty that I didn't get them enough......And the guilt goes on.

© Copyright 2005 Mwrites (UN: mwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mwrites has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394016-Pack-Your-Bags