*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384403-Uncomfortable-Situation
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#384403 added November 7, 2005 at 8:08am
Restrictions: None
Uncomfortable Situation
Over the past couple of weeks Susie, Shelley's sister, has been talking about introducing me to one of her fiance's friends. The way she described him sounded like the perfect match for me...nice, family oriented, good job, very honest, etc.

Saturday was Justin's birthday party, which was held at Shelley's mom's house so that all 35 of us could fit in one room. Susie had this great idea of inviting Dave, the guy she wants me to meet, to the party. Hello, did they forget they invited Mark to the party as well?? Granted Mark and I are only friends, but I don't think it is very appropriate to try to set me up with someone while leaving him sit amongst family members he isn't comfortable talking with.

So I called to tell my brother to tell Shelley to tell Susie that it would not be a good idea for that night, but I'd be willing to meet him another night. Phew, one stress out of the way! So I thought!!

While at the party and watching people arrive, I see Susie and Steve (her fiance) walk in. After a few minutes she walks over to say HI. We chat for a few then get in line for food. After eating I went outside with Mark so he could have his smoke...guess after eating is the best time for one...so I am told anyway!

When we come back in Susie stops me at the bottom of the steps. Mark walked back to his seat assuming I'd be just a minute. Susie starts asking me if I was going to go to the bar with them and then told me about Dave arriving at anytime. I was not happy, but put on my fake happy face. While standing there Steve got a call from Dave saying he was outside so Susie asked that I stay there so she could introuduce me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Mark looking my way with those suggestive eyes wishing I was sitting next to him instead of leaving him by himself. I did as Susie requested and waited for him to walk down the stairs, which seemed to take forever.

Finally, he walks in...I didn't want to look at him until he was being introduced. My mom caught my face after I finally got a glimpse of him. She leaned over and said, "be nice." I shook hands with him and stood there a for a minute or two and then excused myself.

He seems very nice, but if I were to base things off appearances, he is not someone I would ever give a second glance at or really even notice in a crowded room. After a little while Mark wanted to go back outside so I went with him. On the way out he stopped upstairs to go to the bathroom. Shelley was up there taking pictures of the kids. She walked over to me and was trying to get the scoop on my thoughts of the guy of course as Mark is walking towards us. HELLO!! What the heck is wrong with that family...do they not have any common curtiosy for other people?!

On Sunday our whole family met for breakfast before going to church for my grandpa. While there Shelley was asking what I thought and telling me how Susie wasn't sure I was interested since I spent no time talking to him. Again I say...HELLO!! What did she think I was going to do...leave Mark to entertain himself for the rest of the night and go talk to this guy??? I'm assuming this family has book smarts since they obviously do not have any common sense!!!

I told Shelley, just like I told Matt and my mom. He seems like a nice enough guy that I'd be willing to go out with at least once. I am trying to not focus on the looks as much since finding someone that would be good to me and to my family is and should be more important than looks, which end up fading through the years any way.

I'll keep ya posted!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384403-Uncomfortable-Situation