*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380970-Friday-10212005-Another-day-at-work
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #1024386
The days of Michelle's life as a wife, mother, daughter, employee
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#380970 added October 21, 2005 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
Friday 10/21/2005 Another day at work
Another day at work

Oh I'm glad to be working! Although this is a contract position until February, hopefully longer, this company is great. The people are very nice and polite and genuinely caring. I feel my work is appreciated, which is satisfying in itself, but I also get to help people with their computer problems. While it is an important paycheck that we desperately need, it is also rewarding and I'm learning new things which was lacking in my previous job. I love being challenged except for financially.
Meanwhile, my emails are piling up at home with little or no time to read them. My 20-month old daughter, Briana is the center of our attention. Most nights my husband, Sean and I are exhausted by the time we put her to bed, usually around 8:00 P.M. EDT. She is a handful but clearly a blessing to us, both now 40, and not just a surprise. Her father's only child. And he would like another....what is he thinking?! At least she is sleeping better at night, only waking once or twice. No, she's never slept through the night, well, maybe once and it was so long ago, I don't even remember. All that comes to mind is that I was shocked and then worried that there was something wrong with her. We have to work on her tone. She seems to enjoy screaming every word. This is fine at home, most of the time, but not in public. I believe this to be the work of her father since he frequently is yelling down to the kids in the basement. We have them every other week and after school until their father picks them up. So often, Briana screams their names, Kyle! Alyssa! It is adorable when they begin to speak and understand words. She tries so hard to communicate with us by pointing at objects in the room so we say what they are. Then she repeats it back to us methodically. So, now we also have to watch what we say or it will be repeated back to us in that mousey voice of innocence. Like last night in the kitchen, Kyle said "Not cool," and she repeated it. I was glad he did not say something worse. We don't swear, at least I don't and the kids don't in front of us. Sean, however, needs to work on this area also. The explatives do not stream out of his mouth but they certainly speckle a conversation now and again.
I'm so glad it's Friday. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow. Please God let Briana sleep late tomorrow! This new job has me up earlier than I have been in awhile and I'm not a morning person. I have 2 hours left and I already feel like I'm gone, thinking about what tonight will bring. Alyssa is staying at a friends. I think Kyle has football practice. We'll probably have the $5.00 pizza for dinner, then play with Briana afterwards. It's too cold to take her for a "stroller ride," as Sean puts it.
I should get back to work. I'm thankful that I am able to put something down in writing. The book in my head whispers through my thoughts at any lull in any moment. I'm getting closer, but as with many writers, I'm a great procrastinator and a perfectionist, which often inhibits me from even starting. That is a shame. At least I can say I'm a writer and be proud. I've had 2 short stories published online! And a poem to be published online in December on a different web site. I've been told that I have talent, which I can't hear enough. I have a target audience, a beginning, middle, end and a title. So what's my problem?
Tune in tomorrow for another exciting entry and maybe I can work through this mental block.

© Copyright 2005 Mwrites (UN: mwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mwrites has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380970-Friday-10212005-Another-day-at-work