*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362599-Not-a-laughing-matter
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#362599 added July 29, 2005 at 8:04am
Restrictions: None
Not a laughing matter
Sue had her pre-trial yesterday. Because the attorney had not received a copy of the police report and video until yesterday they were able to post pone her pre-trial for two weeks.

She said while she was there she heard three other cases that were similar to hers. All three of them had to serve jail time, were on probation for 2 years and lost their licenses. That freaked her out a bit, but not enough. She has no intention or desire to stop drinking...she is just going to make sure she doesn't drive while drinking. When I heard that I was irritated. What is the point of investing time in AA meetings and counseling and praying if you are not going to make any effort to improve your situation? I understand God is forgiving and does answer prayers, but I also think that if he is going to help you out of tough situations he will expect you to do your share to prevent it from happening again, right?

By the sounds of it she wants out of the ticket and intends to continue life as if it had never happened. I told her I would not judge her; however, I am not sure I can support it either. I am not perfect and I can't say I have never gotten behind the wheel after having 2 or 3 drinks...in Michigan the law states you are legally drunk if you have 2 drinks in 1 hour...but I have always been very cautious and am even more so after she was stopped. How can someone that was just caught for the 2nd time care so little??

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362599-Not-a-laughing-matter