*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330547-Joy-and-Sorrow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(177)
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #937454
Thinking is open to anybody, rich or poor. I do hope that my thinking makes you think.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#330547 added February 25, 2005 at 1:31am
Restrictions: None
Joy and Sorrow
The difference between joy and sorrow is infinite and miniscule. It is like sanity and madness, each with a thin line drawn between and sometimes we step over the line into each realm, criss cross back and forth.

Joy is bounding, golden, sunsets, laughter, rainbows, warmth, friends, holidays, and good, families, It is a walk in the country, seeing and hearing the birds in the trees. Joy is sitting in the peace of the garden, looking at each perfect flower. It is caring about another, smiling, reaching out, helping, touching, making love, communicating, reading and writing and the biggest joy for me is the Lord up above.
The exquisite beauty of joy.

Sorrow is falling, dropping into darkness, angry, violent, black, wet and cold. Being in a helpless state where I am unable to escape the magnetic pull of despair. Grief, in sorrow I search for the faces of loved ones who've died, search for their shape, their smell, their voice, their laugh and their touch. I have a schizophrenic type relationship with sorrow. I hate being there and I love being there.
The exquisite pain of sorrow.

Some days joy and sorrow mix like curdled milk. The sunny day is ripped apart by argument, by nastiness, sometimes in the closest family but other times from the television, the newspaper, overhearing a comment in the street or on the train.

Tuning into my heart and soul I find joy is love and sorrrow is love. Maybe there is no difference perhaps they are a mirror reflection one of the other.

© Copyright 2005 Ann Ticipation (UN: annticipation at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ann Ticipation has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330547-Joy-and-Sorrow