*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/319217-An-interesting-48-hours
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#319217 added December 23, 2004 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
An interesting 48 hours
Well, hello to all of you out there in cyberland who read these occasional updates on my life. It's been a long time (4 months!) and I actually have something to talk about of importance other than "work" "work" and "more work".

My car got broken into a couple of nights ago. Really sucked. They got a bunch of stuff including the ONLY copy of the novel I've been working on for the past few months. CRAPPITY crap crap. And they got about $2000 in other goods. Moral of the story - don't park your car where they don't have survelance, and don't leave ANYTHING in your car at all. nothing nothing nothing. It's all ok though - my insurance will cover the majority of the tangible losses and damages. Unfortunatly if they don't catch the bastard my novel is irrevocably lost. So I'll just have to start on it once more.

In somewhat stranger yet more predictable news, I finally ran into Jackson face to face today. Actually, I ran into his mom first. I'd talk more about it but I honestly don't even know what I'm feeling on that front just yet. It's all just a haze compounding the shock from having my car broken into earlier this week. Basically, it's just adding to that "in shock" feeling.

I expect it all to come cascading down upon me in one fell rush right about in time for me to have to face my entire family. Could be interesting. I really wish I was in the right emotional state to react, but everything got screwed up when my car was broken into. Naturally not at all how I pictured it. Theoretically we'll actually be talking again sometime before he leaves Denver. I'm actually hoping that comes through. I really want to actually talk to him. Not what happened which was basically "hey, I'm at work, I can take my half hour and chat but other than that we can't really talk, sorry". I left it in his hands though. Didn't even get their phone number really, so I guess it's up to him if he calls.

Such is life.

"And there will always be stop and go and fast and slow, and actions, reactions, and sticks, and stones and broken bones, and those for peace, and those for war, and godbless these ones not those ones, but these ones made times like these, and times like those, what will be will be, and so it goes, and it always goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on it goes" - Jack Johnson


Actually, something cool is that my manager (btw I work at a sunglass hut now), of his own accord, got all the local managers to donate a couple bucks and put together a little "hope you feel better since the car thing sucked" gift for me. $75 cash and my Regional manager donated a $50 target gift card as well. So that cheered me up a bit. It was so "above and beyond". I couldnt' belive he'd care that much, especially since he's only been my manager for a couple of weeks (we've been having managers shifting around in my store for a while as promotions are taken care of). Between that and the whole Jackson thing I think today balances out the crappity crapness of monday. Then again, I'm not really sure what my reaction to the jackson thing is anyway.

Once again, such is life.

"The nirvana that you promised life could be
Was a deadly blend of hell and ecstacy " - The Dreaming




_________________________________________
http://lakewoodrpc.i8.com

Support your local game store!

"Forbidden fruits create jams" - Chuch sign saying

"What a strange path I took to find my heart" - Crime and Punishment in Suburbia

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2004 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/319217-An-interesting-48-hours