*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292821-ALIVE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#292821 added June 1, 2004 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
ALIVE
I am so glad that I didn't go camping this weekend with CPI (MGK?) and his gang up in the mountains. The weather was craposity maximus. If there wasn't actual driving snow and freezing temps, there were gale-force winds. I wonder if they survived or if they had to eat each other to stay alive?

On Saturday, Corinne and Chadd went to a friends wedding in Brekenridge and they had whiteout conditions. The whole wedding was snowed in. Four inches in 2 hours. Suckfest. Not exactly the weather they expected the last weekend of May. Especially when the heaviest item of clothing you packed was an evening gown. Sequins aren't known to for their ability to retain warmth.

Bolder Boulder went off without a hitch. Unless you count the whole skydivers crashing into the stands and getting stuck on top of buildings and in trees and stuff. No one seriously injured, but it was a scary spectacle to watch from the ground. These guys were professionals and due to the 60mph wind they were totally out of control. Parachutes weren't staying inflated(?) and they were spinning one way and then getting tossed the other way. I'm suprised they didn't puke.

I didn't actually participate this year. I usually walk it, but I wanted Monday as an Exertion Free Day. As it was it was pretty busy what with Jeanine's BBQ Birthday Bash at the Wagners and Connie/ Phillip and the girls in town. I need a vacation after my vacation.



© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292821-ALIVE