*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291439-May-20-entered-May-21st-I-am-tired
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#291439 added May 21, 2004 at 2:05pm
Restrictions: None
May 20 entered May 21st: I am tired
May 20th entered May 21st, 2004

I am just tired.

I am tired of everything, people, the government, my kids, my husband, this damn house, and even writing this journal for the Olympic Writing Decathlon.

My age has nothing to do with how tired I feel. There is just so much self-serving propaganda and rhetoric going on in every global corner of this piece of dirt. And as unbelievable as it may seem even more propaganda and rhetoric than when the Vietnam War was going on and on and on and on. Seems impossible doesn’t it?

I am tired of my life. I use to have so many friends, and now they are just gone. Everybody is so busy trying to make some kind of living that people and families just don’t have time for each other anymore. Of course I am a conspiracy theorist that believes that this too is a part of the Bush Administrations plan to conquer the world. We are all so busy trying to keep and maintain our current level of standards of living that we really don’t have time to be concerned with what our American government personnel are doing. From the President of the United States on down, every one of them is all just an employee. Think about it – American voters hired them to do a job. We hired them when we elected them to their current terms in office. What have they done for any of us lately?

Don’t be sucked by this tax cut? The government’s Internal Revenue Service use to let us deduct credit card interest if you itemized your taxes; did anybody in the government ever explain just how much eliminating that deduction added to their piece of the pie?
Of course not, but I know that some bean counter in the government can tell you exactly how much more taxes that it collects from the American people who are paying the extremely high interest rates. So this tax cut that Bush wants to take credit for is like a bribe? Oh, yes it is.

And I love the tax deduction that the Internal Revenue Service gives us for each child; I ask you, is that all you spend raising a child these days? Of course not, it takes three or four times that amount just to feed, clothe, insure and entertain the future victims of the American tax system than is given us for taking on the responsibility of producing more tax payers for the American government. Oh, and don’t think that that $1,000.00 dollar child tax credit that Congress just made permanent adds enough to any body’s bottom line to make me think that our government officials have seen the error of their ways either. Does anybody else think like I do? Well, if there are people out there that think like I do then evidently there are not enough of us.

I am still tired. I remember when the price of sugar almost doubled. The explanation was that there had been devastating weather that had reduced the world production of sugar. Okay, that explained the first year’s price increase. I will accept that explanation, but has any one noticed that in the ten or so years since that price increase because of the weather that the price of sugar has never gone back down. Then it was coffee that was claimed to be in short supply because of bad weather, ha, do you still believe the powers that be excuses about the weather being the reason for the cost increase in coffee?

Now tell me what is wrong with this next scenario: American people were getting by just fine, and then we invaded Iraq. Oh, yes we invaded that country but that is another argument. Iraq is a country of great oil resources. Now, all of a sudden we, the American people, are suppose to believe and accept gasoline price increases due to the fact that the refineries cannot process enough oil into gasoline to meet the demand. Our government officials are making a bundle off the backs of the American people. And it appears that the majority of us are lapping up whatever self-serving lies and half-truths that any one with enough name recognition, power and wealth can throw at us. I don’t know about y’all but I am disgusted.

I am tired, very, very tired.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291439-May-20-entered-May-21st-I-am-tired