*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289285-Life-is-a-Bitch-and-then-your-better-off-dead
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#289285 added May 6, 2004 at 8:10pm
Restrictions: None
Life is a Bitch and then your better off dead...
May 6th, 2004

Don't be a victim of crime; the victim becomes the criminal. Yep, my driver's license was stolen, checks from two different checking accounts were stolen, and the thief had a field day. My husband and I are out thousands of dollars because the majority of the checks cleared the bank before I noticed it. Why did I not notice it earlier? I sit at home on this computer everyday writing, not spending money, and thinking the money that we have in the bank is safe. Let me assure you identity theft is BIG BUSINESS. We have several automatic deposits going into the two accounts that had checks stolen. We cannot close those accounts until the entities that are making the deposits switch it to my new account, and that takes between six to eight weeks. I can't write a check anywhere because all the Telecheck and Scan, and God only knows who else has literally lock me out of this nation wide system for reporting bad checks. Never mind that my checks did not bounce, but some were returned lost or stolen. Evidently merchants (we are talking Wal-Mart) don't care why the check was returned. The day I noticed the problem with the account I went directly to Wal-Mart when I completed the Banks paperwork. There I was treated like I was trying to pull a fast one. I asked them not to accept any checks with my name on them. I gave them the letter from the Bank that I was told would prove that my checks had been stolen and I was a victim of fraud. A lady from the accounting department said as long as a person had valid identification that Wal-Mart would accept the checks. When I told the police dectective how I had been treated and what I was told he said, "That is the Wal-Mart way. They are not easy to deal with." Now my thoughts on this are the people who work at Wal-Mart live in this town, or are they importing aliens from Mars. Either way, if you are a victim then you are also a suspect. Geeezzzzzzz, and I sit home and mind my own business to get this kind of grief.

Oh, the police have caught the individual, and she has addmitted to stealing the checks, forging my name, and stealing my driver's license. Her name is not in any Telecheck system or Scan. Just mine and my husbands.

There is another company that looked up bad debts from over 15 years ago that were taken care of finally in a divorce settlement. Now they are trying to reinvent the wheel by just ignoring the legal property settlement and coming after me. Geeezzzzz, get in line.

I have an adjustable rate mortgage and I tried to find out if there were any fees to lock it in and make it a fixed rate mortgage. I did not know that I would be causing trouble just asking if there were any costs involved to switch it from adjustable to fixed.

I think that I have just about decided to get a motor home and sell this house. I don't need a permanent address. If these idiots cannot find me then they can't cause me any grief. Now I can get satalite television, and a pre-paid cell phone. My son who is going to Iraq next month can email me. The others are on their on. I am going to do a disappearing act. I don't need a permanant address to be on Writing.Com

Watch and see if I don't manage to drop off the face of the earth. Mercenaries make good money, and I am certainly in the mood to pass my grief along.

God I hope tomorrow is better... because there is more but I am sure I am over the 500 word count for the day.

And this entry has nothing to do with anything that I wanted it to do with. Patches in Time will just have to wait for tomorrow.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289285-Life-is-a-Bitch-and-then-your-better-off-dead