*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/237855-You-really-need-a-little-paranoia-in-your-lives
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#237855 added April 19, 2003 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
"You really need a little paranoia in your lives."
Kept forgetting to write a quote from my Physics teacher. This was several weeks ago now. We were discussing the lock-down drill and terrorism and generally getting off-topic when he said, "You really need a little paranoia in your lives." And went on to describe the drills he went through for atom bomb attacks. I almost laughed out loud at his opening sentence. No, thank you, I do not need any more paranoia than I create for myself. He finished his speech and I said directly and civilly to him (in other words, I was really holding back the tone I wanted to say it with) "At least you knew who the enemy was and where they lived." He conceded silently and didn't say anything for a minute or so, and never followed up on my comment. Not that I'm typically a vengeful person, but I know that he is.

Toured another college today. Nice for an urban place, but I don't know if urban is what I want.

I'm too easily suggestible some times.

This computer chair is so annoying, my legs keep falling asleep in it.

Latin project due Wednesday. Wonderful, I have nothing done. I think I might write journal entries from the point of view of a Roman woman. I could really make that interesting, especially considering that Roman women were not to be highly educated, but I have to look up historical details and make the entries fit the time period. I can't remember if the women of ancient Rome were typically literate or not.

Wow, break is fleeing before me. My room has hardly changed, I've only re-edited five pages, can't even think of anything else I've done and not done. ::sigh:: There is never enough time.

It's too late to be this early.

Don't ask, I'm not even sure what that was supposed to mean.

Argh, have not written much over break. The most I've written has been in this journal and writing down every detail of that dream. I think I wrote a line of a poem. I have so many excellent single lines, but they need much more.

I have two and a half disposable cameras waiting to be developed. I want those pictures! Argh. Minor annoyance. I've been asking to have the one developed since... December, maybe?

Ah... forgot to download my pictures... I should get to that.

And again, I sigh... Hopefully in unison with no one...

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/237855-You-really-need-a-little-paranoia-in-your-lives