*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235624-Day-Twenty-One-Part-Three
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#235624 added May 24, 2004 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-One, Part Three
         After the two of them went off with Sukina, the rest of us breathed a little easier. Not very much though, considering that Shuura was the son of a blind Youkai who ruled over one-third of Makai, and Hiei already had a pretty strong rep as not only as a short-tempered guy but also as Class-S demon. In simple terms, these were two deadly guys with egos the size of the red spot on Jupiter. Then again, my sister did have the ability to influence emotions, so whatever it was I was sure she could keep the testerone levels down...

         "Naoko-san, it's our turn," Clapika interrupted my thoughts.
         I turned to him and nodded. We both got into the ring. Both of us wore garments that allowed us to move quickly and freely. I wore a pair of black tights and a light-blue baby-tee, while Clapika wore a pair of shorts and a loose T-shirt. We greeted each other according to our martial arts stance. Clapika's eyebrows shot up at the way I greeted him. My left side faced him and then I turned my upper body to face him, greeting him with my left hand clapsing my right fist. I arched my left leg as well. If I had been wearing a long skirt with a high slit (or any skirt for that matter) the effect would have been provocative. The simple reason was my martial arts was the Rosé, which was, according to some, the martial arts developed for street fighting for prostitutes and other women of questionable repute. All I cared for was it amplified the charms a woman had sexually quite a bit, giving a woman an exceptional advantage when fighting with someone who was attracted to women and being quite on par with any of the other martial arts in other areas. For someone with my expertise, it gave me an unfair advantage over most youkais. I was a Grandmaster at 10. I was nineteen now.
         As soon as Kurama said "Begin!" Clapika attacked. He rushed to attack me, and there was nothing I could do but to defend. There was no mercy from him, and I didn't mind that. Instead, I let him think he had the advantage, until he made a small mistake, by letting his guard down.
         I let him catch my shoulder, leaving my hands free and hit him square in the stomach. Then I increased my attacks, until suddenly we heard a whistle. We jumped back and bowed down to each other. I didn't recall having so much fun playing.
         "Rather good," Kurama said to Clapika, before turning a very stern eye on me. "I expected better from you, Naoko. You wasted too many moves," he said.
         That was another reason why I loved the Rosé. It made those who were unaware of it lower their guard. I grinned at Kurama. "It got him off my back, didn't it?" I said, sitting down and getting into a meditative pose.
         I then proceeded to 'see' the following matches with my mind rather than my eyes. I was quite critical with my comments. *Wink*

© Copyright 2004 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235624-Day-Twenty-One-Part-Three