*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235128-Day-Twenty-One-Part-Two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#235128 added April 6, 2003 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-One, Part Two
         Kurama followed me out the room, being very careful to close the door behind him. I didn't realize that I was that scary, am I?I simply walked towards the field where we had our classes earlier. There was no doubt in my mind that the field would be riddled with holes by the time we ended.
         "We're drawing straws to see who fights against who. You might be fighting against Hiei," he warned me.
         "That's supposed to be bad?" I grinned evilly at him.
         "This is going to be a long night..." he muttered to himself.

         At the field, all the others were waiting for us. I apologized for the delay and quickly went to draw my straw. Luck of all luck. I got Clapika. He grinned at me and I at him. We were second on the field, so we took our places outside the ring and watched as Sukina tried to beat the hell out of Yokoshima. Well, she was doing a good job, with him only barely defending himself. Or so she thought.
         Yokoshima proved to be a harder fighter than I expected. He lured my sister into a position where he could mount a surprise attack. The result was predictable. She lost.
         "How long did that take?" Sukina asked us as soon as the protection barrier was down.
         All of us looked at each other. "What time?" we asked.
         "No one brought a stopwatch?" she said.
         The wind blew between us.
         "Oh well, I'll just get it then," she said, turning to head back to the school.
         "HN!" Hiei said. All of us looked at Kurama.
         "He says that mindful of the dangers here he'll go with Sukina," he translated.
         "I'll go with her! I'm one of the strongest in the group!" Shuura said.
         Another wind blew between us.
         Both Hiei and Shuura were blasting each other with lasers from their eyes in a staring contest. Sweatdrops appeared on all of us. "Uh... Why don't the two of you go together with her? Peter and I can train with each other," Gon suggested. Peter was Shuura's partner for the day.
         "Yeah!" Botan said enthutisactically.
         The rest of us weren't sure that that was such a good idea, but both of them were going like "FINE!" and so we decided to leave it be like that for the time being.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235128-Day-Twenty-One-Part-Two