*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/229523-Day-Thirteen-Part-Two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#229523 added March 3, 2003 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
Day Thirteen, Part Two
         I went to where my sister was at the back of the train. She had changed from her Ceremony Robe to her normal attire. The blue jeans she wore brought out the colour of her eyes and the red checked shirt complemented her hair.
         "I didn't expect him to be truly alive," she said.
         "Neither did I. There was something about him that didn't ring true from the beginning. I don't like it, little sister. Too many people know who we are," I replied, leaning against the railing as she did.
         "The Dark Lord... I don't think he means Voldie, does he?" she asked, giggling. In the language we were using, it had the connotations of being the said person being a rather poor parody of the original.
         I laughed with her. For all that we were just teenagers, our burden was no less. The Element Princesses, including me, were all born before my sister. We were sworn to protect her, but it was not easy. How could it be, when we were born in different backgrounds and in different countries?
         Among all of us, only I was the one who was able to be with her constantly. In the old legends, it was said that the Hope Queen, also known as the Angel of Life, grew up with the Daugther of Death, her sister and protector. I don't know how true it was, but I knew how important it meant to Sukina that I maintain the role of the Daughter of Death. Contrary to people's expectations, my sister was not the weakest in our group. In fact, she could be said to be the strongest. However, her strength did not lie in the physical realm like most of us, but in the emotional and spiritual realm. She was the foundation of our lives.
         "The Dark Lord... I didn't think he knew we were alive," I said.
         "His people thought we were dead, but apparently he thought different. Danae says that she followed him to the Fiery Place and that he gave his report to his Master. It caused quite an uproar in their Council," she said.
         "Well, they know we're alive. They won't attack us without confirmation," she said.
         "That doesn't make me secure at all. What I'm worried is that some of them will take the bounty after all. Forty million dollars on our heads is not a minor thing," I said.
         "True. Well, let's cross that bridge when we come to it. No use thinking about it now," she said.
         "Yeah. We still have those textbooks and herbs to distribute," I said.
         "You hungry?" she asked me as I opened the door to enter the train.
         "Imouto, you know what such a mindlink does to our stomachs," I reminded her.
         "Wonder if the food here is filling or not?" she said as I slammed the door shut behind us.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/229523-Day-Thirteen-Part-Two