*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222291-JSCCK---and-related-business-bitchings
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#222291 added January 21, 2003 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
JSCCK - and related business bitchings
Ok, so Jess and I went to the county clerk's office today to have a chat with the people in the sales-tax department. Well, after a long discussion as to whether or not our potential start-up will need to pay sales-tax (she spent 10 minutes trying to convince us we did need to, when in the first 1 minute she revealed to any thinking person in the room that no, we did not, in fact, have to), she decided to just let us go with a handful of forms to "officialize" our business - a business with no set base of opperations (I guess you could count my locker at school, since that's where we're keeping our equipment and our schedule-book), a business with absolutly no retail issues (and it's only retail businesses that have to worry about salestax btw), but also a business that in almost every sense of the word can be defined as a volunteer opperation with a "mandatory donation" of $5/keyboard (which we've actually decided to make it - volunteer with a mandatory donation - thus NO taxes at all *whee*) - well, these forms happened to be the forms for a retail business opperating out of a commercial building.

*sighs* And people wonder why Colorado is plauged with budget issues - can we say incompetence at the basic level?? These are the people who are taking the checks from people who are supposed to be paying sales tax.

*grumble*

The good news - JSCCK is offically up and running. We'll be passing out flyers in the next few weeks, and with any luck we'll start getting appointments. *crosses fingers*



© Copyright 2003 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222291-JSCCK---and-related-business-bitchings