*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/145729-The-lords-of-the-night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by pad9
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #278672
Philosophic & literature views on life and art. From Guatemala.
#145729 added January 29, 2002 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
The lords of the night
Music: “the number of the beast” from Iron Maiden. I know… back to the classics for me!!!! I like this song a lot… because of the heavy (and yet discrete) stereo chorus on the guitars… I know, I know… way too technical… but what do I care…

Reading: Ibid. And also IĀ“m almost finished with the lords of the night… and in EstuardoĀ“s praise I read it hole in the bath room… just as he intended the book to be read.

Drd: 1. some crazy recording of my cousin Karina… I have no idea why I have this… it was recorded on new years… 2. “The persons that are totally evil are excluded from sin”. 3. Tangible facts in philosophy are scarce, does this mean we write poetry instead of science? Do we sacrifice clearness in search of well sounding text?… nope… I have come to the conclusion that we have exact words that make the thing sound well… pretty even. I have to stop dwelling on this problems that should have been dissipated a long time ago. 4. I still canĀ“t see… (sound of a big bus behind me) shit I nearly got hit there…

There is a lot I should be doing… and there is a lot I should be writing… but I guess I donĀ“t have the time… the time… k… letĀ“s get to what ever I can…

First off… IĀ“m almost finished with the Satiricon… and must say, perhaps my teachers (and here I mean my university professors) had a point in not letting me write footnotes… the book is good, but it has so much freaking footnotes that you lose yourself inside them… rather than on the main text. But the ideas are cool. Well organized and very deep… of course it is a satire so you should expect everything to be a joke on the real stuff. But it still has a lot of good information. Information that other, previous or later Roman writers didnĀ“t want to write… information such as real life punishments for slaves… real bad mouthing someone for bestiality… And the exaggerated lengths to which men went to ridicule women… It is a real misogynistic orgy… the poetry is good but it is a parody of grater poets of the day… I have been talking about the relationships that the book examined… and although it is exaggerated it still sounds true in some cases… even if they are mostly male-male relationships… it still holds for numerous couples that I know of.

I have more to say on this… but I will get to it somewhere else… not now.

Now for some Guatemalan writers… that which I promised on the beginning of this god damned thing (thank her for this). EstuardoĀ“s writing.

The lords of the night is a book that, as I said before, sounds like pure Estuardo… now I have to explain what is: Being pure Estuardo. When we went to the university together he and I had a little publication… in which we started publishing our own stuff… no one else would touch it… And he began, writing the way he does now. Hasn’t changed much… in that his grammar still sucks, and his stories are way to exaggerated in the use of profanity. But he does not consider what he is the 11th wonder of the world… something like buckobsky (or how ever itĀ“s spelled) or what ever… he just writes what he likes… and that is the only moral rule anybody should subscribe him/herself to.

Now I noted something interesting… taking the hole text as working towards a solid mining… I can sort of see something… for all his attempts at barking his hatred towards society… the man still has personal issues that come out in key points in the narrative. Leitmotivs if you will… but now I have to end suddenly, because itĀ“s been like a couple of months since I started writing this little rant. So, I will leave the rest for later… I know, I know… see ya! Latter today.

© Copyright 2002 pad9 (UN: pablogs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
pad9 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/145729-The-lords-of-the-night