*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
4
5
6
9
12
17
18
20
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078791-Food
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1078791 added October 23, 2024 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Food
Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 3641 October 23, 2024
Use these words in your prompt today: selection, onions, potatoes, food recalls, awareness, and listeria.

Well these are a great selection of suggested words today. They make me think of the impending summer season here in Australia. The warmer months and picnics, barbecues and flies. Yes, those pesky flies can ruin an outdoor event like nothing else can. The foods which call for the most awareness in the heat are those which need to be refrigerated at all times, like meat and especially chicken. There’s nothing worse than a platter of mixed items which have been standing in the sun. Wilted lettuce, cheese which has either dried up or melted come to mind.
One needs to watch out for soft cheeses when pregnant or Listeria is a possibility. When I was pregnant with my babies no one knew anything about Listeria and all the other warnings new mums to be get told to watch out for these days.
Sometimes there are food recalls when something gets contaminated. There was a case of a recall here last year when a fruit picker/packer decided to put sewing needles in strawberries! Thousands of punnets of fruit were recalled or dumped before dispatching them to the stores.
If you really want to play safe, then stick to onions and potatoes, you really can’t go wrong.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078791-Food