*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
20
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078737-Meandering-Through-Maplewood
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1078737 added October 22, 2024 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Meandering Through Maplewood
Yesterday was a beautiful day at Maplewood State Park. It was sunny, with just a few wispy clouds decorating the pale blue sky. The temperature was in the mid-seventies with a nice gentle breeze. The ground was littered with colorful leaves, and many of the trees still displayed their vibrant autumn colors.

It was my wife's birthday yesterday and my gift was a day spent driving and hiking through the park. Max, my Husky, turned two years old on Sunday, so it was also a birthday gift for him. After a wonderful, relaxing day we returned home for a relaxing dinner. I had put a chicken in the slow cooker, so dinner was ready when we got home.

I know, a day in the park doesn't sound like much of a gift, but she loves the fall colors and spending time outdoors. It also kept her from working around the house, which she would have done since yesterday was her only day off until Friday.

I took quite a few pictures to share:

 ~
 ~
 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2024 tj: Tenebrous Jekyll (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj: Tenebrous Jekyll has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078737-Meandering-Through-Maplewood