*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
4
5
6
9
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078254-The-party
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1078254 added October 14, 2024 at 2:58am
Restrictions: None
The party
"Blogging Circle of Friends "
Day 3633 October 14
Have you ever gotten lost when going to a party or a friend's house? What happened?

My husband and I were invited to a friend’s Golden Wedding Anniversary party. It was being held quite a distance from where we live and so we decided to take our caravan and stay the night at the local caravan park.
The village where our friends lived was in the country, with very few street lights.
The caravan park was quite large, but empty when we arrived. So we parked up, before taking a walk around to stretch our legs.
A wedding function was being set up at the back of the park, with tables and chairs and a floral arch for the nuptials.

Anyway we set out to find the hall where our party was being held and as it wasn’t far we decided to walk. Being summer it still wasn’t dark. We passed a large group of stone garden gnomes at the entrance to the park which was down a gravely road off the main road. We commented how strange to see all those gnomes and wondered where they came from.
So after the party finished around midnight we said our goodbyes and set off back to the park. Well, what we hadn’t considered was how dark it was going to be. We hadn’t brought a torch with us and had no idea of where we were. I’ve never seen darkness so dark! No matter how we tried to see it was impossible. I held on to my husband’s hand as we tried to navigate our way back to the caravan. I was sure we were about to drop down a hole in the road.
Then at last I saw a gnome! Yes! This was the entrance to the gravel road. If those gnomes hadn’t been there we would have missed it. We began to speculate they may have been lost travellers who had been turned into stone!
Eventually, relieved we reached the park. The wedding party was in full swing. There were party lights, music, laughter and dancing. It was great to be back where there was some life after our scary ordeal.
We went to bed. A few hours later the loud voices shouting woke us up. There were sounds of a fist fight. Swearing, shouting, a woman screaming. Then the sounds of gunshots! We hunkered down in bed expecting a bullet to come flying through the flimsy exterior of our van at any moment.
It transpired the wedding had been gate crashed by the brides ex!
The police arrived. After a few hours everything calmed down. The police left and then screeching car tyres told us everyone was leaving. We were left in peace until morning. We then hightailed it out of this one horse town, never to return.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078254-The-party