*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078222-Oct-10---Plot-Rising-Action
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2327837
Fictional story
#1078222 added October 13, 2024 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 10: - Plot: Rising Action
Oct. 10: - Plot: Rising Action (How does the story get to the climax?) ▼
Review your notes from the "Premise" and "Beginning" plot exercises, and tweak the conflict(s) and inciting incident as needed before proceeding with the "Rising Action" plot exercise, as follows:

(1) Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to face the conflict.
(2) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to face the conflict.
(3) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind.
(4) Fill in some of the blanks: How will your characters get from the point of no return to the climax?


-----------------------------------------------------
1. Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to face the conflict.
It's a lot for Jacob to take in when he first hears the news of his true identity. No wonder he never felt like he fit in with his peers. He has to go to the library to research some information on the talisman he received on his birthday to solidify and clarify all this new information.

2. Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to face the conflict.
Once Jacob gets all the facts from the library, he decides to consult a local prophet/wiseman. After speaking to this person is when he makes his final decision to go on this journey.

3. Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind.
Jacob goes on a quest to find a relic that his talisman is believed to react with to take away the curse that was placed on his family by the current evil king. After the 2nd or 3rd clue to find the relic is the point of no return. There will be an incident where a colleague is killed and a pathway is destroyed.

4. Fill in some of the blanks: How will your characters get from the point of no return to the climax?
Jacob makes his way to find the relic and reverse the curse on his family. An army is formed and he retakes his rightful place on the thrown of the kingdom.




a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
© Copyright 2024 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078222-Oct-10---Plot-Rising-Action