*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
3
4
5
11
12
15
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077594-Assign--2-Plot-Premise--Premise-Worksheets--1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2327724
A Place for My Creations
#1077594 added October 2, 2024 at 3:33am
Restrictions: None
Assign. # 2 Plot: Premise & Premise Worksheets # 1
Premise

Premise Worksheet # 1



Final Premise:
After years of enduring a tumultuous abusive marriage, Kelly finds herself in a desparate struggle for survival when a violent confrontationwith her husband ends in his death. Fleeing the scene, she seeks refuge in a small coastal town, hoping to rebuild her life away from the shadows of her past. As kelly grapples with her guilt and fear of being discovered, she forms an unexpected bond with the town's quirky residents, who have secrets of their own. As she helps them confront their own demons, Kelly must decide whether to conceal her past or confront it head-on, all while a persistant detective begins to piece together the truth behind her brothers death.


Updated Premise:
When a tormented Investigative Reporter assumes a dead police detective's identity and is ordered to take the assignment of re-investigating the once high-profiled Khiloi Murder Case, all she wants to do is put the recent rumors of the Charelle Diamond to rest and close the case. But when a Private Investigator finds her and another dead body, is found, she has no choice but to playout the role and stop the killer before he kills again.


A young Investigator Reporter with a mysterious past, lands her in Khiloi Village, California. Where her bond with a successful widowed vigneron helps her to face the dark secret that haunts her.


Premise: When a tormented police detective is ordered to take the assignment of re-investigating the once high-profiled Khiloi Murder Case, all she wants to do is put the recent rumors of the Charelle Diamond to rest, close the case, and put in her papers. But when a vengeful serial killer leaves another victim, she has no choice but to stop him before he kills again.



Now that you've brainstormed the general story idea, let's identify some story elements:

(1) Setting(s): Where and when does your story take place?
         Seagate takes place in today's era on Merkle's Island located 30 miles north, northeast of Sarti's Reef(Ocean Beach), San Francisco, CA. Seagate is an old mansion with a colorful history located on Khioli Point on the island.

(2) Protagonist(s): Who is(are) your main character(s)?
         There are two protagonists in this story. Police Detective, Kelly Bass 28, and Michael Banks, 36.

(2b) Flaw(s): What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
         Kelly Bass - She drinks too much to numb her emotions. She trusts no one, especially Private Investigator, Charlie T., and is suspicious of everyone.
         Michael Banks - He also trusts no one. He is very cynical due to a past betrayal and inflexible due to his insecurity. He is immovable in will or purpose.

(2c) Goal(s): What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
         Kelly Bass - All she wants is to put in her resignation papers due to a shooting of a fifteen-year-old girl even though it was ruled a "good" shooting.
         Michael Banks - To find a lifelong partner and true love.

(3) Conflict(s): What's keeping them from their goal(s)? Why?
         Kelly Bass - Another dead body has reopened this cold case surrounding two previous murders and a 41-carat diamond, and she has to find the diamond and the murderer before he/she kills again.
         Michael Banks - His misguided beliefs because he believes that he is not worthy of unconditional love, and he avoids a romantic closeness and will leave a romantic relationship before he, himself gets dumped. Suspicions rise again regarding his innocence in the deaths of his wife and father.

(4) Antagonist(s): Who or what is creating the conflict(s)? Why?
         Charlie T and her brother Jayden. Jayden was the other robber of the diamond and he was to meet with Sinclair to sell it and split the money. Charlie T. knew about the diamond and learned from Amanda that Sinclair would sell the diamond to the French Mafia Leader, Serge Bataille. they also found through contacts that Serge was planning to arrive at the cove to collect.

Just for fun: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story.
Example: A young, mistreated orphan discovers he is a wizard and must face the evil villain Voldemort to fulfill his destiny.


© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077594-Assign--2-Plot-Premise--Premise-Worksheets--1