*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077522-Dame-Maggie-Smith
by Bernie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2223968
A third journal of personal musings
#1077522 added September 30, 2024 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Dame Maggie Smith
Prompt:
"Why insult someone when you can say something nice in a very sarcastic tone?"

Maggie Smith as Violet Crawley in Downton Abbey
Write about insults and/or Maggie Smith. Also, if you wish, how would you show a sarcastic tone of a character in a story?





Maggie Smith was an awesome actress. I loved her in the Sister Act movies, Downton Abbey. The Secret Garden, and Hook. I never watched the Harry Potter movies, though I know she was great in those. I also loved her on The Graham Norton show. I'd love to watch some of her older work from when she was younger.

I loved her personality and her humor. She seemed like such a real person, which when it comes to Hollywood and the like, how hard that is to come by. I think it's why I enjoyed her performances so much. Her sarcasm and how it could sometimes just underline things she did or said, was wonderful. I loved Ian McKellen's impression of her on Graham Norton, which made the story he told that much better.

I loved her dry sense of humor and that realness of hers. It's refreshing, especially now where (and maybe (probably) it's just me being an old person) it just feels rare for actors to feel like real human beings who've had real experiences and emotions. Granted, it doesn't help that originality feels dead and those directing anything doesn't have a sense of what real people even are. So everything feels alien and weird.

So, here's to Maggie Smith!

© Copyright 2024 Bernie (UN: msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bernie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077522-Dame-Maggie-Smith