*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077394-National-Day-of-Forgiveness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Dark · #2327314
still more express it Eight and other short poems
#1077394 added September 28, 2024 at 2:26pm
Restrictions: None
National Day of Forgiveness


National Day of Forgiveness



As one gets older
In life, one learns
To forgive people
For all the things
They have done in the past
Sadly, Donald Trump
Seems unable to forgive
Promising retribution to us all.



NATIONAL DAY of FORGIVENESS


The purpose of this day is to encourage us to develop realistic methods for incorporating forgiveness in our lives. Forgiveness is a potent tool on a journey of spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical health.

• Forgiveness relieves stress. The stress we feel from anger, resentment, and bitterness lessens and even fades entirely. The burden of these feelings creates anxiety and stress that we no longer have to carry when we forgive.

• The act of forgiveness helps us to close a wound. When we forgive, we give ourselves permission to heal. There is freedom in healing.

• When we forgive, we also give ourselves permission to stop living in the past. When we detach from the heaviness, anger, pain, and resentment, we no longer allow the past to control us.

• Forgiveness also benefits our physical health. Reduced anxiety and stress mean lower blood pressure, a stronger heart, and an improved immune system. It may also help reduce physical pain.

© Copyright 2024 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077394-National-Day-of-Forgiveness