*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
19
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077366-Odd-Paragraph-Total-Again
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1077366 added September 27, 2024 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Odd Paragraph Total Again

Odd Paragraph Total Again


Today, I got twenty paragraphs written total for the Part Two Scene Outline for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. But I only got nine numeric numbers for Act Three written today. Yesterday was the same way. Only I ended Act Two with twenty-two numeric scenes.

That left eight paragraphs to write to end Act Two. After I finished Act Two, I started Act Three. The first two paragraphs were Establishing Shots. And the third Establishing Shot was for numeric scene two. All the other scenes after the third Establishing Shot were numeric scenes.

Eight plus nine plus three equals twenty. So, I did get an even number of paragraphs written today. But numerically it was another odd number. I have been having a lot of them lately. And I don’t know why. The only thing I can think of as to why are the Establishing Shots.

Each Act starts with two Establishing Shots. There is also an Establishing Shot when I introduce another part of Poulask with a new Character. That can add one or two more Establishing Shots to that Act. That’s what is happening to this Movie Introduction. It’s different for the Episodes.

After this Movie Introduction, there will probably be only the two opening Establishing Shots that start each Act. There may be a few more within the Act when a new Location shows up. But most of these scenes take place around or within their InWaterStructure ie EXT. or INT.

Establishing Shots are the reason why my numeric scenes are odd in the total number of paragraphs I get written in a day. I prefer to end my daily paragraph count in fives, tens, fifteens, etc. The bigger the number the better. But I can’t do that with Establishing Shots in the middle.

With twenty-one more numeric scene paragraphs to write tomorrow, I will have another odd number if I get all of them written tomorrow. Only this time, it will be because of the total number of scene numbers and not the number of paragraphs. Does that make any sense?

It doesn’t to me, and I’m the one trying to explain it. Twenty-one isn’t an odd number like twenty-two, twenty-four, etc. But it is if I’m trying to write five, ten, fifteen, etc. paragraphs. Of course, there will be a lot of odd paragraphs when I start writing the scripts.

I don’t go by the number of scenes I write in a day for my scripts. It’s the total number of paragraphs I get written in a day. And that can be anywhere between three to six paragraphs per scene depending on which scene number it is and the number of lines I have for each scene.








© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077366-Odd-Paragraph-Total-Again