*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077350-My-Duds
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2326194
A new blog to contain answers to prompts
#1077350 added September 27, 2024 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
My Duds
Think about an item of clothing that you loved as a child and write about it. Did you feel grown-up when you wore it? Or maybe more confident? Or Pretty?

-------------

I don't at all remember liking any piece of clothing as a child. It may just be that they dressed me without ever asking my opinion. All I can recall on this subject is how much I disliked being dressed by an adult, regardless of the occasion. I may have liked the school uniform we wore in the first grade and later on because it had pockets and it made me feel that I belonged with my class and the school. I might have been the only child on earth who loved her school uniforms.

Fact is, I have never been into clothes too much, but my mother was, and I don't blame her for she was a stunning beauty. She also dressed me, her only child, like a doll when I was very little and I hated it. As the song says, "I want(ed) to be me."

To this day, my preference for any kind of clothing has to do with its usage. Pockets are my first choice and that the fabric doesn't stick to me much. Then, my second dislike is a totally red dress or shirt. It is possible I might have gained this dislike as an antidote to my mother's pushing me into becoming her doll so I would act "pretty" in a red dress and be like her, and although I did love her, I knew I just wasn't her.

Needless to say, I don't like being pushed to this day. If I sense someone pushing me into anything, --without meaning to-- a nasty answer pops up from my lips...And I am usually easy-going...I think.

Right now, my favorite piece of clothing is a dark gray cotton shirt, loose-fitting, without sleeves, and with two huge pockets on top and it has another secret pocket inside, attached to its hem. As a plus, it doesn't need ironing if I pluck it off the dryer immediately. To my delight, it's grown too old now and is demoted into everyday wear while I am in the house.


© Copyright 2024 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077350-My-Duds