*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077058-Sept-the-nineteenth---Beginning-Part-Two-Tomorrow
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1077058 added September 20, 2024 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Sept. the nineteenth - Beginning Part Two Tomorrow?
I don't know what happened. this blog entry should have been posted yesterday. But for some reason, it wasn't. That's why I put the date on it today.


Beginning Part Two Tomorrow?


The good news is that I finished writing the Part One Paragraph Scene Outline for my Water Wars scriptwriting.
Project today. Unfortunately, I barely got it finished today. I didn’t get started with Part Two today too. That’s good news and it’s bad news too.

It’s good news because I did get it done today. And that’s what I wanted to accomplish. Of course, I also wanted to get started on Part Two today. But it’s better I didn’t do it. After all, by starting it tomorrow, it’s a new Part. Does that make any sense except to me?

Why did I have so much trouble writing only ten paragraphs for this Scene Outline? Usually, the reason why is because of what my brother and I needed to do today. That’s somewhat true. But it’s also not true. My brother and I had some things we needed to do today. Only it didn’t take us long to do them. We were done by four PM WDC time.

I had plenty of time to write these ten paragraphs today. So, why did it take me about four hours to write them? The only thing I can think of as to the reason why is that it’s the last ten scenes for the Part of the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Normally, that wouldn’t be a problem. But this time it was.

At the end of each Act in my Parts or Episodes, I like to have a cliffhanger. They don’t have to be life or death. But most of them are, especially Act Two. After all, it’s usually the ending for the first half of an Episode. It’s also important to Parts, but not as much.

Usually, the end of my Episodes doesn’t end in a life-or-death cliffhanger. If they did, the next episode would need to reveal it. With today’s storytelling, that wouldn’t be a problem because today’s television shows are mostly continuous, what I call a Soap Opera or Daytime Drama.

I don’t write that may. I’m an old-fashioned kind of writer. My Episodes have a beginning, a middle, and an ending, just like television shows used to be. Even my two Part Movie Introductions are individual episodes. They are just combined into the Movie Introduction. I could be like everyone else today. But that’s not who I am either.

Don’t get me wrong, I like some of the continuous shows that are on television today. But I consider them Soap Operas or Daytime Dramas. Everyone else considers them Science Fiction, Action/Adventures, Dramas, etc. Don’t get me wrong about Soap Operas or Daytime Dramas. I’m a big fan of them too, especially General Hospital.

Yes, I am a man and I’m a fan of Soap Operas or Daytime Dramas. I even created several decades ago when there were a million Soap Operas on the air during the weekdays and evening hours. But I could get them aired. Two of them were for Primetime and one was for the daytime.

Of course, two of them were Science Fiction: the one for the daytime and one for the Primetime. I still think about bringing them back. But Daytime Drama, and nighttime too, are pretty much a thing of the past. At least they are the way I think about Soap Operas and Daytime Dramas.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077058-Sept-the-nineteenth---Beginning-Part-Two-Tomorrow