*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076075-WWW-exercises-1---7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2325645
My sci-fi/fantasy story
#1076075 added September 2, 2024 at 7:02am
Restrictions: None
WWW exercises 1 - 7


Exercise 1: Outlining


Inspiration; Robert Holt. I was living with him, and he wrote sci-fi/fantasy. I wanted to give him a story he would enjoy. DuraH and Sheekar are his characters that I included in my story. His influence is apparent in other parts of the story as well.

Naming: They just came to me. KrisTee is another way to spell my pen name. Once I created her, she started telling me about her world.

Gender Roles: They are supposed to be equals, but nothing ever works that way. Females have longer, sharper claws. Males have better jaw strength and larger teeth.

Technology: advanced. The tech on Nezoom tends to work well. There are moonstones that power some things, but most is self-powered (ie you must do something to give the tech power, such as wind a crank)


Exercise 2: Local Geography: Space Port


Climate and weather cycles between warm and wet.

topography: tents, buildings, rickety shacks - wells filled by wet season, rich growing soil, sandstone.

borders: wild country; forests, jaort, Trade Market, cave systems, coastal structures, volcanic valley.

Restrictions: conventional houses will not stand up to harsh climates. More economical to build (and rebuild) huts.

Advantages: Untouched, untamed, unexplored territory.


Exercise 3: Hometown


The main mecca of Nezoom is the spaceship base/ airport type facility and the Trade Markets (like a flea market) close by.

Economy: Fair to declining. Lots of fights amongst the natives. Despite some of their growth, Nezoom is still very much untamed, and residents will revert to their wilder sides quite easily.

Nezoom is a layover for travelers and merchants making their way between galaxies, planets, and such. Many visitors stop there for only a few hours to explore the base and markets. Those who wish to stay longer have a hard time finding accommodations.


Exercise 4: The Markets.


Nezoom survives on trade between the species and with outworlders. Each of the species has a specialty that they trade.

The trade market is next to the Space Port but the market was built first. They were located close together for convenience.

The Market is always open as anyone could come through the space port at any time.

Every Market has its regulars. Mostly tourists, some thieves, and a heavy presence of security as well as an abundance of hawkers selling their wares.


Exercise 5: See Species entry in this book "Species

Exercise 6: Tensions

(see ex 5) between predator and prey. There are two Acts that have been instated: The Non-Hunting Act and the Zero Tolerance non-violence Act.

There are also threats to Nezoom's place in the universe. They have yet to join the Peaceful Alliance Federation (PAF) so are under the threat of being taken over by the Societal Dominance Alliance (SDA). Nezoom is split on whether or not they want to join PAF. Some seek to work with SDA. The PAF have Fair Trade Acts that would help Nezoom with their misunderstandings of a monetary system.





© Copyright 2024 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076075-WWW-exercises-1---7