*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075714-Species
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2325645
My sci-fi/fantasy story
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1075714 added September 2, 2024 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
Species
Nezoom Species

Nezume - Rodent like creatures. Very destructive and will fight and destroy to get what they want. When the Shiloh spliced their own genes with Nezume, they created a much gentler, more intelligent race that was the most psychic powered of all the species.

Rasta – Carnivorous canine. Fur and hides are lightweight and weather resistant. Bones are hard as metal but can be manipulated in f ire. They form the security force for the Space Port known as the Constants.

Salka – sabretooth feline with thick coats and large jaws. Carnivorous. Security force for Market known as Night Rangers.

Kinka – large herbivore spider, desert dweller. Produces threads and clumps of material that they use to make clothing and other products. Use their webs to protect their young until they can fend for themselves and to collect the GaiaZa that blows on the wind. Poisonous bite that attacks the nervous system. Lays eggs. Very creative and trades their goods for paints and dyes. Some also offer their services as fortune tellers.

Klik – Chicken like creatures that flies and has feathers, lays eggs. Strong hooked beak and talons. You cannot find their young until they weigh about 50 lbs. Can grow as large as 200 lbs.

TessKlik – Phoenix –type that lives in SpreeOTessMaka (Valley of Volcanoes). Sells the lava type substance from their valley as it is good to make glass products. Eats Nit and Kinkas.

Nit – Much like Earth insects but double the size and multiply quickly. Blue hue to their coloring. Some Nit carry diseases fatal to Non-Nezoomians. Most are considered a delicacy and rich source of fat and protein.

Nawkta – pig like creature. Able to sense and dig up the tenderest of roots and seeds needed to grow the flora and fauna of Nezoom. Most seeds have a hard coating that can only be removed by passing through a Nawkta or Klik. Their meat is very tasty but only after they die of natural causes. Multiply quickly but have very short lifespans.

Kwana – an anteater type that eats the various insect life. Also eats stems and leaves. Multiplies averagely with long lifespans. Good eating meat.

Tyken – humans. Primitive, use tools, and have only a basic knowledge of Igal. They were removed from Earth millenniums ago but gene splicing with the Shiloh brings them to much like the humans of Earth.







Zaume – mole like creatures that became very secular in nature giving reverence to the Shiloh. Only speak Shilah. Mariahs were recruited to be their guardians. Know how to mine and mix GaiaZa with food to increase the intellectual capabilities of Nezoomians. Also, very good farmers, growing herbs and plants around the outside of the caves. Know how to heal. Their growth comes from eating large amounts of GaiaZa and they are not gene spliced.



Edible Plants

Taiwiki – Square berries like raspberries that come in the size of a large melon to a kiwi. Only grown on Nezoom. Purple with blue leaves and vines. The leaves are like mint and get rid of bad tastes and breath odor. They are also crushed and used like drinks. The vines and their sap have antiseptic and cure many stomach ailments when eaten in small doses. The berries are cooked in desert fillings., gelled into jams, or dried and ground into sugar. They can be eaten straight off the vines.

Maiaza – A corn like plant. Only grows on Nezoom. The kernels are pyramiding shaped and lime green. It is ground into flour, dried and eaten like granola, boiled into mush, lightly steamed and eaten off the cob. The leaves are used like shells for burritos and tacos or wrap meat before cooking to give it a savory smoky flavor.

Peahew nut – rock like square deep violet fruits that grow on bushes. Easy to crack and the nut inside taste a bit like caramel. Can be melted in boiling water and then used as a coating for other things. Frequently kill the bush they are feeding off of.


© Copyright 2024 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075714-Species