*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074079-Three-Wise-Dudes---Traditions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2312723
The Guinea Pig Files. Tales of Ralph, Toby and Graham
#1074079 added July 17, 2024 at 3:35pm
Restrictions: None
Three Wise Dudes - Traditions
It's odd isn't it, how traditions start? Your first Christmas together as a happily married couple, and you accidentally burn down your house. Then three years and three more fires later you're happily discussing getting the lighter fuel and kindling, laughingly reminding one another not to forget the matches and having deep meaningful conversations for several weeks beforehand on whether sticking a few fireworks in the rooms would be 'too much.' You've created your own tradition.

Some traditions are of course much older, handed down from generation to generation like some ancient game of 'pass the parcel', (now why does that sound familiar?) Gift giving at Christmas has a long history, ever since those three guys on camels were experimenting with an astro-navigational guidance system and realised that they'd probably best get something for the baby shower. Nipping into the local 'Hakim's Fuel Oil To Go' they grabbed whatever was available, (nothing says 'last minute gift' quite like myrrh.)


Tradition, (see - I'm being consistent for a change), has it that the three wise dudes were probably called Balthasar (translated = Ralph), Gaspar or Caspar (not the ghost) (translates as Toby) and Melchior (or Graham). It's vaguely possible that the tradition of gift giving might be upheld this year as Ralph, Toby and Graham ride amongst you on their magical one wheel sledge, pulled by someone wearing a plastic red nose likely left over from a 'Comic Relief' event. If the occasion merits it that is!
© Copyright 2024 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074079-Three-Wise-Dudes---Traditions