*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074013-Updating-Water-Wars-Again
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1074013 added July 15, 2024 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Updating Water Wars Again
Updating Water Wars Again


I finally got a reply to my email to Jeff regarding this month's WDC Short Story prompt. So, I could do my second Short Story this month. But I’m not. I have a little of two weeks to write it. That should be plenty of time to finish writing it. So, why not write it? It’s not because I wouldn’t be a Science Fiction Short Story.

Of course, I could write it as a Science Fiction Short Story. It could be about a Fast Transport instead of a Fast Car. But I have done that before. And they didn’t go over too well with the judges because I didn’t follow the prompt according to them.

I’m not doing it because of how long Jeff took to respond to my email. So, I went back to my scriptwriting project. Especially, my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I’m updating it again. And this should be my last time doing that. I have already checked. It looks like I will be able to do it this time. At least I think I can.

Besides, I like this version a whole lot better. It gets Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle closer together, especially in the Movie Introduction when it is just the three of them. At least it is in Part One. It’s like that in almost the first half of Part Two. But not as much in Part One.

What do I mean by getting them closer together? I mean their scenes are together in threes. It’s more of a chance that they can communicate problems and solutions this way. Before it was only two of them together, and they could still communicate. But there was a character missing by at least one secondary character scene.

The only thing I don’t like about it is when I introduce the secondary characters. Each Act starts and ends with the main character for that Act. Then there are two secondary character scenes before and after the first and last three part scenes. I’m worried about that.

I wanted to start and end each Act with two main characters. But I couldn’t do that without it being a conflict with scene numbering, especially in the Movie Introduction. This was the only way I could do this. It’s bad enough I could only do this with all six Acts being thirty scenes long, but now it may be even worse.

Not by my standards, but by the industry standards. Instead of this television series being about three Younger-Than-Adults, they will make it about the three Adults who gave them life. It’s not about Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra. But the industry may feel that it should be, especially now.

I’m already in an uphill battle to sell this television series because it’s about three ‘children,’ and ‘children’ can’t be the main characters in an Action/Adventure series. They can and they are. But the industry will disagree with me. It won’t be easy for me. After all, they will Earthenize it anyway. I’m sure about that too.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074013-Updating-Water-Wars-Again