*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060125-Andres-Blogging-Activity-for-November--Prompts-14-25
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1060125 added November 26, 2023 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Andre's Blogging Activity for November -Prompts 14-25
Nov 14

World Diabetes Day

Well, this one hits close to home. My grandmother had diabetes, my mom has it, although she isn't insulin dependent. I have it, and there's a good chance my son has it, but he won't go to the doctor as he is a needle-phobe *Sad* I brought it on myself with careless health practices. Now I am paying for it, as I have some kidney damage. I don't have retinopathy, which is a good thing (eyes) but I do have some neuopathy (e:angry) But like I said, that's on me. I am trying to limit the damage I do to myself, but this is hard for me, and now the time of year doesn't make it any better. Does anyone else struggle with this?


Nov 15

National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

I try to do this every month or two. My household doesn't do a lot of leftovers, so when the fridge looks a little crowded, I have to go through and check for out-dates and for things shoved back into the back of the fridge. I know there must be a better way, but it's hard not to put leftovers in the fridge. I've finally quit freezing them, as more often than not they go to waste *Sad*


Nov 16

National Clarinet Day

This brings back memories. I played clarinet from 5th grade until the 9th grade. I remember wanting to play trumpet, but based on a test that we took, I was picked for woodwind. My mom played clarinet when she was in school. I enjoyed playing the clarinet, and I remember fighting for first chair with another gal. It was a weekly or nearly weekly competition. We would rotate between first chair and 2nd chair.





Nov 17

National Homemade Bread Day

Another one for the senses and memories. My mom would make bread all the time when my sisters and I were growing up. I always remember Dad cutting the heal of the bread off and slathering butter on it right out of the oven. After we were grown, mom ended up buying frozen bread dough and putting it in the pans to rise. The outcome was similar, and Dad would still grab a "hot heel". I have made bread by hand, but I sure do enjoy a bread machine. LOL.



Nov 18

Mickey Mouse Day - Mickey and Minnie Mouse Birthdays

Yeah, Mickey is getting old! LOL. I also heard that he may be retired, as Disney will be losing the patent on the Main Mouse at the end of the year. Seems kind of silly to me, but there you have it.


Nov 19

National Play Monopoly Day AND my mom's birthday (80!)

Ah! crazy board game nights, and lots of hooting and hollering and mad deals to be made. I'm not a poor sport, but I sure am competitive. My favorite token is the puppy. We also play where free parking is worth money. All of the fees and fines go into the middle and Free Parking was often a prize that kept you afloat.

Mom is 80 on this day. She's still doing ok, although she doesn't drive anymore. She went on her first Caribbean Cruise this past May, and she had a blast. I was happy for her, and a little envious.



Nov 20

National Absurdity Day

Well, this is something different. I wonder who comes up with this craziness? *Think* The definition of absurdity is this: the quality or state of being ridiculous or wildly unreasonable. There are a few things I could add to the list: First, would be the cost of food. Stores are racking up the profits, without a care as to how people are going to be able to afford to eat. It is a total pet peeve of mine. There are other things (Gov't) but I'll let it alone, as I want to keep my "friendly" status. LOL


Nov 21

National Stuffing Day - the food

Yum...Tis the season for stuffing. While I appreciate StoveTop, I don't mind making my from scratch. Dried bread, oil, garlic, salt pepper, onion and sage and celery. Baked in the oven and the smell is amazing. I like meat and gravy over it with some mashed potatoes. I also like it with jellied cranberry sauce too. Now I am needing a bib, as I'm drooling *Hungry* !


Nov 22

Go for a Ride Day

This brings back memories for me. When my sisters and I were growing up, Dad would announce on Saturday mornings that it was time to go "get lost". That was code for going for a drive up and down back roads until everyone was groaning that they were starving. As we girls got older, we liked going to "get lost" less and less. Now that I'm older, I find myself wishing to be able to go driving with Dad once again.


Nov 23

Fibonacci Day

(In case you’ve forgotten, this is the Fibonacci Sequence: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, … where each number is the sum of the previous two.)

And

I

Only

Care for You

Thinking about you

Constantly hoping that you would

Think about me as much as I do about you.





Nov 24

National Day of Listening

This would be a nice thing if everyone participated. I know there are those who are listeners, and I am happy that they are. But a lot of people are talkers, and want to be the center of attention. I have been guilty of this myself, and it has taken quite a while for me to develop listening skills.


Nov 25

Aura Awareness Day

Who knew this was a thing? Not me. I mean I've heard of "auras" and the like, but I've never really paid that much attention to the whole thing. Perhaps I might research this to find out more about it. Then I could decide whether or not to deal with it.






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo-"ber" months are here! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo-"ber" months are here! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060125-Andres-Blogging-Activity-for-November--Prompts-14-25