*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059449-Andres-Blogging-Activity-for-November---Days-8-13
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1059449 added November 13, 2023 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Andre's Blogging Activity for November - Days 8-13
November 8th

National Harvey Wallbanger Day - What's your recipe?

I had to look it up to see what it was made from. I've heard of the drink before, but never actually had one. It looks mostly like a screwdriver, (which I have had) and has Galliano Liqueur added to it as a float. Here is the recipe I found:

1 1/2 ounces vodka
4 ounces orange juice
1/2 ounce Galliano L'Autentico Liqueur
Orange slice, for garnish
Maraschino cherry, for garnish

Doesn't look too bad, but I'm not sure what Galliano is. Probably won't be drinking anything, as alcohol doesn't mix well with diabetes.


November 9th

Chaos Never Dies Day - probably hectic

Chaos, disorder, pandemonium,
I'm sure that if there was a god of such disarray,
He or she would be worshipped greatly by toddlers or untrained puppies everywhere,
With overwrought parents sacrificed in the process.

* A rather tongue-in-cheek look at having toddlers.




November 10th

Sesame Street Day- Ah yes! Even before the Muppets were a "thing" there was the antics of Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, Elmo and Count Count. I remember them fondly and my kids grew up with them. I even remember a talking Tickle Me Elmo "doll" that had such a crazy laugh. And who didn't delight in counting with the Hah! Hah, Hah! and thunder overhead. There was an innocence that is mostly lost on kids nowadays. It is sad to see.




November 11th

National Sundae Day -

Well here it is - ice cream, toppings of fruit, chocolate, caramel and nuts and whipped cream. Can anyone say diabetic coma? Unfortunately, for me these come only once in a great while, and probably should be further between occasions. But what are you going to do? There are pretty much "sugar free" of anything nowadays, but the taste - I'd pretty much rather not have than to deal with the artificial taste of such offerings.

Just my opinion, really. *Sick*


November 12th

World Pneumonia Day -

Ah, another trip down memory lane. I was about 12 when I got pneumonia. My mom and dad took me to the doctor, and I ended up in the hospital with it. I also remember being pumped full of penicillin, which turned out not so good as I turned out to be allergic to it. So I was a few days getting over the pneumonia, and a few more days getting over the allergic reaction to the penicillin. I've been lucky and have only had a couple of bouts with it after that, so I feel lucky in that regard.



November 13th

Sadie Hawkins Day - Ladies, Grab Your Man

I remember a Sadie Hawkins Dance, where the girl asked the guy out. I don't know much more than that. Until I looked it up that is:

Sadie Hawkins Day is a unique holiday celebrated in some parts of the United States. It is named after a fictional character named Sadie Hawkins, whom cartoonist Al Capp created in his famous comic strip “Li’l Abner.” The holiday is observed on the first Saturday in November.

What Is Sadie Hawkins Day?
The origins of Sadie Hawkins Day can be traced back to the comic strip storyline published in 1937. In the story, Sadie Hawkins is a young woman who lives in the fictional town of Dogpatch. She was portrayed as very shy and introverted, making it difficult to find a romantic partner.

In an effort to help Sadie find a husband, her father, Hekzebiah Hawkins, organized a foot race. The race was open to all the eligible bachelors in town, and Sadie would chase after them. The twist was that if Sadie caught a bachelor, he would be obligated to marry her.


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo-"ber" months are here! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo-"ber" months are here! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059449-Andres-Blogging-Activity-for-November---Days-8-13