*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059437-TUYC---on-reading-the-Bible-Nov-14th-prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1059437 added November 13, 2023 at 5:07pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - on reading the Bible (Nov 14th prompt)
Prayer prompt:
Pray for Brazil. (affected by tsunami)

Blog prompt:
How often do you think a Christian should read the Bible? Why?


The Bible tell us to dwell on his word continually.

Psalm 1:1-3 tell us, “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither - whatever they do prospers.”

When we dwell on God’s Word day and night, we will be firmly rooted in our faith. We are less likely to waver when trouble comes or be swept away by false teaching because we know the Truth of Scripture. Reading the Bible will fuel an infectious faith that refines us.

Source: https://www.scriptureconfidentliving.com/blog/how-often-should-i-study-the-bible...


There is no scripture that tells us the "exact" amount of time to read the Bible. I think it is more of the attitude of the believer that determines the amount. There are days that I cannot get enough of God's Word; then there are days I just look at the Bible and "Meh" *Meh* .

It is spiritual nourishment that causes our spirit to grow. Just like one cannot keep the physical body healthy by ignoring food, so is it like the spiritual part of you.

Just my two cents', anyway.

Also something I found along the way:

https://www.bibles.net/a-poem-to-help-you-remember-the-books-of-the-bible/


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo-"ber" months are here! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo-"ber" months are here! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059437-TUYC---on-reading-the-Bible-Nov-14th-prompt