*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058364-Welcome-To-My-Reality---November-2023--30-prompts-done
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1058364 added November 26, 2023 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
Welcome To My Reality - November 2023 -30 prompts done
Prompts for November 2023:


1. What kind of day are you having, and why?

Right now I would say that I am having a fairly good day.

2. What's your favorite color, place, food, book, song, or movie, and why?

The following answers: 1: blue 2: my parent's home 3: Homemade Mac/Cheese 4: Wolfblade Triolgy 5: It is Well With My Soul 6: When Harry Met Sally.
As to Why?
1: I just always have 2: It feels safe and comfortable to me 3: It just feels warm and is comforting 4: I love the characters and worldbuilding that is used. 5: I know the story behind the song; and it resonates with me. 6: It's just a heart warming rom/com and makes you feel good watching it.


3. What do you like to do? How does it make you feel?

I like to craft and to write. These activities give me something to do, and make me feel like I am accomplishing something, even if it is just for myself.


4. Where are you happiest? Describe that place.

5. What's something you're good at? What makes you good at it?


I guess I am good at procrastinating. I do tend to leave things to the last minute, thinking "I'll get this done, and then I never do *Blush*

6. What do you consider to be your culture, and how do you feel about it?

7. What would you change about yourself or your life? Is there a way for you to change it?

"Coulda, woulda, shoulda" The story of my life at various times. If I could change one thing, it would be to have graduated from high school and gone to college. But whadaya gonna do?

8. What is your relationship like with various members of your family?

I have an OK relationship with my parents, my sisters, and my children. Nothing is ever perfect, right? But I am lucky to have my family to talk to.

9. If you have brothers or sisters, how are you similar to them or different from them? What about with your friends?

10. What are your views on religion?

For the most part, I am a Conservative Christian who believes in the Bible, in Jesus dying for my sins, and a promised eternity with God when I die. I don't judge others for believing differently, I pray for them, and try to do my best.


11. What keeps you up at night worrying? Are your worries realistic? Is there anything you can do about them?

That I am a burden to my children. I'm not sure if they are realistic, as they don't say anything. But I do worry. I'm not sure exactly what I can do about it at this time - I get help with doctor bills/medication and I might lose that help if I get a job...you know, a "catch 22" situation?


12. Do you have a philosophy of life? If so, what is it? If not, what is your method for making important decisions?

13. In what areas are you optimistic, and in what areas are you pessimistic?


14. What are your most prized possessions?

To be honest, I really don't have any prized possessions. There is nothing that I wouldn't willingly give up, except my Bible, of course. LOL.

15. Who is someone you miss?

I miss my sister Kathy, I miss my grandmother, Rosie. Everyday, I miss spending time with my parents and talking to them. A quick phone call helps, some, but not like a real sit down face to face.

16. What is something someone else has that you envy? Describe it and your feelings about it.

My health. I've been careless over the years, and now it has caught up to me.

17. What is a book, movie, song, or television program that has influenced you, and how?

18. What is a mistake people often make about you?

19. What's something you disagree with about the way you were raised?


20. What's your favorite: season, color, place, or food? Describe it.
Journal prompts - daydreams


Favorite season: Fall
Favorite color: blue with gray undertones
Favorite place: My parents' home
Favorite food: Mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese. There is just something comforting about these foods.


21. Describe your dream: job, man/woman, house. Whatever your dream is that you wanna share.

22. How would you like your life to be when you're older?


23. What would be the guest list at your dream party? What would the various guests talk about?

24. What magic power would you like to have? How would you use it? What would it feel like?

25. If you won the lottery, what would you do?

I've actually have written out what I would like to do. I'd pay off my youngest daughter's house. I'd give money to the Ronald McDonald House, as it was of value to me when my daughter was sick as a little girl. I'd make sure my other two kids were taken care of, and I'd pay off any outstanding bills I had. There isn't a whole lot else. Maybe a bucket list style trip, such as an Alaskan cruise.

26. What's a country you'd like to visit? How do you imagine your time there?

27. A dream in a tear

28. Under a star near the sea

29. Warped and wrinkled

30. Curly fries and plastic bow ties


31. Attention! Attention! Read all about it…

I've given up trying to be perfect. I will live each day as a gift that it is. If I get everything accomplished that day, well good! If not, I won't sweat it, give myself grace, and pick up the next day (if given the opportunity).

32. The truth often hurts

33. Blowing kisses in the storm

34. She grew and then he knew

35. Pages of perfection

36. Damp dangling tresses

37. Was it a laugh or a cry?

38. Dull knives and feisty fellas

39. Molten kisses

40. To the moon and back

41. A tale of turbulence

42. Disappointing disasters

43. Lipstick secrets


44. Grandma’s medicine

I remember Grandma always having a jar of Vicks Vapo Rub. It seemed to me that it was the end all of cures for her.

45. Something lost, something given

46. Evening hush

47. Slices of life

48. Voyage views

49. Peculiar happenings

50. Crumpled sheets and tousled hair

51. Shoved into a closet

53. The best part

54. Food stamps fortunes


55. Finding rainbows between the clouds

No matter the severity of the storm,
We are given a beautiful promise in the clouds.
It doesn't matter where you are or what you do,
This promise is for you.

Don't forget, and carry on
Doing just what you've done,
Remember His promise of the rainbow,
Once the storm has passed.


56. What does your character do all day? Does he or she have a job or go to school?

I like to think of my character as a teacher - of either high school or college students. My character enjoys learning and passing on what she has learned to her students.

57. What type of job does your character have—or what school subject does he or she enjoy most?

Teaching would be my character's job. I think the subject would be either History or English Literature.

58. What is your character’s favorite holiday? Why?

Her favorite time of year is Christmas, so that would also be her favorite holiday. Snow, hot cocoa, fire in the fireplace, a cozy blanket and either Christmas movies or a book in her hand.


59. What is your character’s favorite type of music? Why?


I'd like to think that my character would enjoy an eclectic assortment of music. Jazz, country, acapella, choirs, big band, most anything would go. And my character would not be afraid to dance.


60. How does your character sound when he or she laughs?

I think it would be a cross between a snort and a chortle.

61. Write a story using all the fall colors.

62. Write about doing Halloween when you were a kid.

I lived in Michigan with my sisters and parents back in the day...Halloween usually was first celebrated at school, and we were allowed to wear our costumes to school that day. Then that evening we went around the neighborhood and "trick or treated" for a couple of hours before going home. We had mom or dad drive us around and then pick us up at the end of a street. If we got a lot of candy, it was put into the car for safe keeping, until the end of the night. And being the end of October, there were several times that we had our costumes over snowsuits because of the early snowfalls. Not always, but I remember several times. We also didn't have to worry about razors in fruit, or nasty things in food. It seems like it was ages ago (well, duh! it was...LOL).


63. Do you love it when the time falls back?


NO

64. Do you love it when the time springs forward?

NO

65. Are you glad that they are talking about doing away with daylight savings?

It would be nice if everyone was on the "same page", but I doubt that even such a simple suggestion will find its way strangled in the world of politics. I saw a meme of "Bill" from "Capital Hill" saying to the kid - "I don't have an answer for what goes on in Congress nowadays". I agree with that sentiment.

66. What does "one day at a time" mean to you?

Just that, one day at a time. We are not meant to try to figure out the future, as we are not promised it by any stretch. There is enough going on today without worrying about tomorrow.

Matthew6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



67. Share something about you, that no one knows.

68. November Rain

November rain,
Soft and cool,
Releasing the heat of summer.
Refreshing.

Change is coming,
The colors of fall have passed,
The barrenness of winter approaches.
Stillness.




69. What are the rules you live by?

70. What do you love most about Thanksgiving?

Being with family and friends, sharing memories and food. I don't get to do that anymore, and I miss that terribly.

71. When do you start your Thanksgiving gatherings?

When I was little, I remember lots of cooking and preparation the week of Thanksgiving. Then on that day, family would trickle into the house and "hi" and "how are you" and a quick response as everyone cozied up into the living room and dining room. Some would bring goodies that they made or bought, and I always remember the kids getting their plates first, then the adults. It was a day-long affair.

72. Do you watch Christmas Movies in November?

I don't really remember when I start watching Christmas movies. I do know that the weekend after Thanksgiving is when Christmas decorating goes into full bloom. It drives my kids crazy, but they usually let me have my own way about it. I am spoiled *BigSmile* .


73. Write about what is bothering you sometimes writing it out helps if there is more than one thing you can write all of it out. Don't worry this is a safe space.

74. Do you celebrate any holidays where you work? If you are in School do you all celebrate holidays?

75. Write 20 things that you have completed so far this year.

1)I've entered several writing contests this year on WdC. I've won a few, placed in a few, and "not" in a few.
2)I finished the 23 in 11 Writing Challenge
3)I finished the Welcome to My Reality blogs for a couple of months
4)I made up and worked on the Anagrams Game for the community.
5)I've tried to keep up with Blogging Circle of Friends and Take Up Your Cross and Question of the Day postings.

6)I finished Rach's Reading Club and reviews.
7)I did Jan-June Happiness Port entries.
8)I've tried keeping up with Express it in 8, Small Talk and Express Yourself within 40 words.
9)I've tried to do at least 12 Anniversary Reviews each month.
10)I've started the Poet's Café, and learning about different forms of poetry.

11)I've finished the 2022/2023 Promptly Poetry Contest, and am working on the 2023/2024 version.
12)I've finished two scarves and several headbands and a few hats working with crochet.
13)I've finished several crochet holiday pillow that are stuffed and ready to go.
14)I helped Jody with her Review Raffle for the Birthday Celebrations.
15)I worked with my daughter on a "grocery list" for the holidays this year.

16)I joined the Snail Mail Forum, and am enjoying cards and letters from everyone.
17)I've been a Reviewer of the Month all but one month this year, and that month I got Angel of the Month. That was a surprise for me.
18)I've finished 5 online classes through Hillsdale College this year. They are for audit, and not credit, but I do have completion certificates for the classes. I have 10 now, and working on 10 through their free program.
19)I have a temperature blanket "worked out" in the planning stage, now I just have to crochet and sew together.
20)I have over 300 CR as of right now.

76. Tell me about your anger.

I don't really have anger so much as frustration. I've let myself and others down, and that is a source of frustration for me.



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo-"ber" months are here! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo-"ber" months are here! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058364-Welcome-To-My-Reality---November-2023--30-prompts-done