*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025571-Celebrating-Our-Muses
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1025571 added January 31, 2022 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrating Our Muses
Funny Friday. Final Day. You know what that means... Funny Final Friday
You and your muse are invited to the Blame on my Muse Awards Banquet.
Write about the event in today's blog entry.


True to my character of late, I was the last writer to make it to the BOMM Awards banquet and party. I'm always late when Ravyn is involved. This time, it was because she had to have the perfect look for the event. The dress she had decided to wear was a jet-black floor length off-the-shoulder number. It looked like she had been poured into it. She had dyed her hair cotton candy pink and painted her lips and nails to match. The color of the cotton candy wasn't enough for her, she donned a cone-shaped hat and styled her hair to also look like a cotton candy. The look was deceptive; she is in no way sweet. When I saw how some of the other muses had dressed, I wasn't so embarrassed about her outfit any longer.
         MJ was dressed more low-key, but just as bright. She had decided on a tie-dyed ankle length peasant dress paired with a pair of strappy leather sandals. Her long red hair, usually a mess, was braided down her back. I chose an ankle length peasant dress as well. However, mine was teal accented by a purple rope belt and small purple flower on the hem and collar. I refused to wear any shoes but my usual Chucks, though I decided to wear the purple low-tops because they matched the flowers on the dress. I just wore my hair down as I'm not big on fixing myself up. The cat decided to stay in (no surprise there) and keep an eye on our newest addition, the dog, the bear, and Jel.
         It was probably a good thing that Jel and Ixnay weren't here. If there's alcohol and Jel is around, something's gonna get burnt to the ground - and I don't think Andre would appreciate it if someone burnt down the bar. And the damned dog would have talked everyone's ears off (and some of the muses have really big ears!)
         So anyway, in we finally walk, just as Lilli 🧿 ☕ was announcing dinner. We rushed to seat ourselves at the table. I don't remember much of dinner. It's probably because of whatever was in the drinks they kept serving us. I vaguely remember the awards that followed. Lots of toasting, clapping, drinking. I think I remember Andre starting a karaoke contest, monkeys singing the Monkees. Ravyn was surprisingly on her best behavior. She was more interested in the drama that Sha-sha was attempting to create. I'm pretty sure she felt outclassed by Clio, normal compared to Sha-sha. And normal was something Ravyn tries very hard to not be. MJ excused herself for a while. She came back smelling like her favorite herb, eyes glassy. That's when she got into the spirit of the occasion and jumped onstage for a rendition of Up in Smoke that left the entire gathering laughing wildly. Afterward, I saw her huddling with Andre talking about something. I can only assume it had something to do with the vodka and herb concoction that she had created. She was trying to get it out to all the Muse bars she could.
         I remember pieces here and there of the rest of the night; being so drunk I threw my camera in the water when I couldn't find a skipping stone, having to be carried back into my house once I got home. And I still don't know how the girls managed that feat. They're resourceful when they want or need to be. And I woke with The. Worst. Hangover. Ever! Nothing to do then, other than drinking a bit more. Best hangover cure I know of.

Now, could you turn down the lights? I have a splitting headache!

green fairy




© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025571-Celebrating-Our-Muses