*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015635-Opportunities-To-Do-Good
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1015635 added August 14, 2021 at 4:44pm
Restrictions: None
Opportunities To Do Good
picture for forum

Prompt:
Galatians 6:9-10
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

What are some ways you look for opportunities to do good?

I have learned if you don't look for opportunities to do good, you may miss them. It is not that I don't want to do good. Sometimes I just don't think to do it because I am distracted or my mind is on something else. I am working toward making myself more mindful of other people and what is going on around me. I do this by:

1. Watching elderly or others to see if they need help.
    Do they need help opening a door, carrying something, finding something, picking up something they dropped, or paying for something? Does an unstable person need an arm to hang onto as they walk to their car? Does the momma with 3 small children need an extra hand?
2. Are there any safety hazards to be aware of?
     Is there trash on the floor or ground that can cause someone to fall? I can pick it up. Is there a potential for fire or injury? I can make others aware of it.
3. Does someone need help due to an emergency situation?
     Have I witnessed an injury of some sort? I can offer help and/or call for help. Have I witnessed an accident? I can offer assistance. I can observe to make sure they get the help needed.
4. Have I observed someone in need of something?
     Do I have the ability to meet that need? Do I know of a resource that can help? Is this something I can pray about? Can I offer to pray with someone? Can I offer a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear? Can I wait with someone while help arrives?

These are just some of the things I look for. Also, I make sure to consult the Holy Spirit first. He knows true motives and needs. He knows the evil in this world. I choose to take a chance and make myself vulnerable in some situations to share the love of Jesus with others. I pray God will protect me, but even if he doesn't, I’d rather be doing the right thing with the heart of a servant helping others. Yes, there are evil people with evil intentions in sheep's clothing. But I have made a conscious decision to be soft-hearted and help others. I could easily be hard-hearted because of everything I have been through and build walls of protection around myself, but that is not who I want to be. Perfect love put Jesus on the cross. I should be willing to do the same for others if necessary.


Jesus is my permanent anchor!
A signature for me to use
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015635-Opportunities-To-Do-Good