*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/996438-Communication-barriers-a-new-perspective
Rated: 13+ · Other · Psychology · #996438
Ever have trouble expressing yourself with words?? Here is a new perspective for you!
Communication barriers: A new perspective
Our thoughts and our need to put our feelings into words can sometimes jumble the message we are trying to send. It is sort of like the game telephone, the message is sent meaning one thing but once it is actually received it comes across as something completely different. Sometimes words really do just get in the way.

I read a very insightful article about non verbal communication. It says that everyone has intuition and some sort of psychic ability. It is something we must learn to listen to and it needs to be developed to work properly. Unfortunately most people feel that in order to express things we must talk about them. This prevents us from developing our intuition/ psychic abilities. Did you ever notice how groups of mammals can communicate without speaking or vocalizing? When my cats communicate they do not meow at each other, they all just sense things. They communicate with their body language and their presence. They only meow when trying to get the attention of their human.

I was thinking about this concept tonight. I often feel that my significant other does not understand me and what I am trying to share with him. I often feel that my words do not adequately express what I am trying to convey. Then I thought, well maybe I feel so misunderstood because I am trying to hard to speak my feelings. I am preventing them from flowing out of me by fretting over how I can put them into words.

Today both my significant other and I were very exhausted. We have been very exhausted the whole week because we are in the process of moving. Anyway, we hadn’t had much time to just be together. When he came home today I just rested my head on his shoulder and then gave him a hug. It was amazing! I felt his feelings for me and I was overwhelmed by mine for him. He smelled so good and felt so good holding me. I felt that he knew what I was feeling and we just hugged for a while. It was so refreshing because it was not thought out, it was not translated into the proper words. It just happened and it was easy, clear as day communication!

This experience has helped me feel more in touch with my feelings for him and I feel better about us because I felt his feelings for me. It’s amazing what can happen when you just let yourself go! This is a great step for me! Just wanted to share some insight!

© Copyright 2005 Talinan (talinan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/996438-Communication-barriers-a-new-perspective