*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988978-A-Legendary-Quest
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #988978
When you just get into something...
His sword was stained with the blood of demons and monsters. His shield was battered and bruised. Not only that but he was running out of arrows too.

His journey led across a vast and dangerous land. Throughout his quest, he quickly learned the skills needed to be a hero. After all, a Princess doesn't rescue herself.

His last remaining obstacle was a door, a huge door. The door had three different engravings, under them was an inscription which read "Knowledge, Power, and Heart". Although the inscription on the door would be vague to most, the hero understood it. He quickly reached inside his item satchet and searched around until he came up with a strange looking crest he's had since he was little. The crest came in three different parts each with it's own decorations and color. He was told he would find a time and place to use this.

He split crest in three pieces and placed each indivual piece in each slot of the door. For a momment, everything remianed silent. He could only hear the eerie movement of the torches lighting up the pale castle walls.

Suddenly, the door reacted, it seemed to awake. The crest which he was told was the Crest of Knowledge started to glow a vibrant blue. In reaction, the Crest of Heart glew an amazing red color that was making everything difficult to see. Then, they are both overtaken by the Crest of Power, it's light is dark and evil. It consumes the other lights causing the crests on
the door to shatter. The room then returned to normal as our hero lowered his arms from his eyes. The door was heard unlocking.

He slowly opened the door, his sword and shield ever ready. He was here, he found her. The Princess was being held captive in small cell that was hanging from the ceiling. The room was reminiscent of that of the Temple of An. As he approached the Princess a familiar laugh echoed throughout the circular room.

"Why did you bother Hero?" the voice asked.
There was no reply from the hero, only a clenched fist and worried look.
"Get away from here!" the Princess pleaded, "You don't understand his power!"
At the momment the Priness spoke, the room began to collapse. Her cell was raised higher and the ground became unstable and broken. The hero couldn't reach the Princess now, not even with any of the gadgets he had gathered on his quest. A shadow then appeared behind the hero, he was to overwhelmed to even notice it. The shadow then seemed to be taking shape, the hero turned around as the shadow was forming into, Canongorf, his nemesis.

"You quest ends now hero! Now you face me!" Canongorf said as he attacked.Canongorf was twice the size of the hero and had incredible power. The hero had only his sword and shield to defend himself, because he was running out of arrows.

Canongorf did not hesitate to use his Black Magic. Canongorf attacked the hero with a barrage of lightning attacks. His avoided them all, until Canongorf teleported behind him suprised him with powerful punch. The punch sent him flying towards the other end of the room. Although his health was only marginaly affected.

Our hero had magic spells of his own that he learned from dungeon crawling. At first he tried to attack Canongorf with flurry of Fire. Canongorf only absored the magic attacked and redirected back him. He was caught by suprise and barely had time to react with his shield.

Canongorf then used the Comet spell to bombard the area with powerful miniature comets. Our hero was caught in the explosions, he was almost done for. He noticed his health was failing him but her had an alternative. He reached inside his item satchel and pulled out a magic bottle in which he captured a magical elf. He ate the elf so he could restore his health.

Now at full strength, our hero was running full speed at Canongorf, who was retaliating with another group of lightning attacks. Like before, our hero dodged them. It was then that Canongorf tried the same teleportation trick. Yet our hero turned the tide on Canongorf when he turned around just as Canongorf rematerialized. The hero was suddenly in control. His flurry of
sword attacks had him pinned. This was it, time for the final blow...

Except our hero only sees black. He also sees a reflection of his mother on
the television tossing up a videogame cartridge in the air.

"It's time for dinner, stop playing video games!" she said.
"But moooooom! I was about to kill the bad guy!" our hero said.
"Is this bad guy going to feed you?" she replied.
"No, but..." he answered.
"Good, then wash up and go eat. I got us KFC." she commanded.

It was here that our hero's quest came to an end. At least for that day...
© Copyright 2005 wiLdbLuR (wildblur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988978-A-Legendary-Quest