*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983986-Demons-and-Regrets
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #983986
The darkness in my soul and the regrets of a life time.
I believe that in every person there is light and dark. No one is all good or all bad. However, there can be one side that tends to overshadow the other. I feel a constant battle within myself for control. As of now the light is prevailing over the dark, but I feel the darkness is lying in wait for a moment of weakness in me. In that moment of weakness, the darkness will embrace the light. Though the darkness may embrace the light but never eclipse it. It is trapped in a bottle, like sand in an hourglass. The tables are always turning back and forth, never staying one way or the other. Caught in a never ending cycle, that perhaps is more like a war that has no end, neither side ever gaining complete victory. Does the cycle know no end? There must be a way to balance out the good and bad in us all. We all have demons inside we must face and find a peace within. Even in that peace we often find regrets. I hope in the future we can find a peace we can live with. We will always have demons we must face. No matter how often we face a demon down another rises to take its place. I think part of being human is to have demons and to face them down time and again. We will always regret the things we have done wrong in the past. Perhaps someday, we will find someone who can look beyond the darkness of our pasts and accept us for who we are. It will take a very strong person to look beyond our past and the darkness within and accept us demons and all. Until the time we meet that person, I will continue to face my demons and be content with a past I regret.
© Copyright 2005 Acheron (kadar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983986-Demons-and-Regrets