*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977285-Second-Opportunity
by pmjg23
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Adult · #977285
Emotions boil over after experiencing the potential of death.
I got lost one Thursday evening, as the drum started to beat. Club was smoky and the beat moved me into convulsions, as my heart palpitated with the groove.

My mind was playing jazz, and my heart was feeling the rhythm of despair. All at once the beat started to fade, slowing dying down to the lowest pitch the trumpet player could make.

Ideas racing, emotions over developing, then the drums started calling me out, telling me my life was weak, and I had yet to really begin my journey.

Next I saw visions, and words that I had never spoken. My fears took control and would not allow me to let my spoken word be told.

My heart deceived me, since I disguised my love with friendship, my anger with appeasement. Worst yet my boredom with every day life.

Drums were blazing and keyboards were being toyed with as this voice was so soft and mellow it almost put me to sleep, that cozy sleep where you could feel weightless and might never wake again.

The beat dies down, and left me with nothing to hold onto except everything that I realized I had not become, I smiled thinking it could be worst, I could not have thought my thoughts our spoken any words, not even dreamt my dreams.

As the beat grew louder and the lights came back on, they woke me, and told me sir, you’re alive.
I stood up looked around, eyes watering up, realizing the beat was not of a drum, but a monitor keeping track of the internal beat of my heart.

Mind racing to the point of re-birth, bringing me back so that I can begin again. Live again, breath again. Wake up that first morning and see life again.

Not leave love again, unanswered as before, words will be spoken, for what other reason do they exist. Be free once more as we were intended, to leave our mark, my mark.

This second opportunity will not go to waste, can you hear it, and the drummer is playing again…..
© Copyright 2005 pmjg23 (pmjg23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977285-Second-Opportunity