*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973692-Cursed
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #973692
This story was written with true references and intended to be an explanation.
The gift of loving. The gift of caring. The gift of listening. Listening to everyone's pain, problems and suffering. Then having the gift to feel what you have just listened to. To take in a friend's grief, a stranger's misery, an elder's lifetime of hardships and pain, or the heartache of a loved one. To take these spilt sorrows and pour them into your heart until it overflows into your soul. And even if you may never experience some of these things, your gift of sympathy will make your heart feel the anguish that you know their heart went through according to their tales they have told. If they had to feel the heartache, 'why shouldn't you?', your gift of compassion asks you. So your compassion puts your heart into; that person who had just escaped a concentration camp only to realize that you would never find or see your parents again, or into that girl who had to bring the box with her mother's lifeless body to the graveyard and bury her because they were too poor to afford a funeral or even a coffin, or even your friend who gets abused by their spouse. You make yourself feel this because your gift of compassion doesn't want them to be alone with their pain, and so your heart bleeds in hopes that theirs might stop.
And what of the part that bleeds for you,for your trials and heartache?
It stays bleeding. Bleeding with the feelings your gift of caring let you sacrifice for the sake of others' happiness. And it will stay bleeding because your gift of thoughtfulness will not let you burden another. Because after you have shared,sacrificed,and given all you could give, the only thing you really have left are your trials and tales of sorrow.
And though your soul cries and pleas to find another with such gifts, so their heart can feel and bleed for your cursed heart as yours would feel and bleed for their cursed heart.
You would have finally found someone with such gifts, so you could share with them like so many have shared with you. Then they too would have found someone with such gifts, so they could share with you like so many have shared with them. You would have found each other. But you would not share with each other like so many have shared with the both of you before. Your gift of thoughtfulness would not let yourselves burden each other. So you will burden yourselves with the thought of knowing that the someone you had finally found with such gifts, would never know of your trials and tales of sorrow that your soul is dying to tell. Your heart would never know of their pain and heartache that you'd hoped would stop because it is the one thing that would never be told. And their heart would never know of your pain and heartache that they'd hoped would stop because it is the one thing you would never tell.
Never would your hearts be together to feel and bleed for each other's cursed hearts. Yet, together your hearts will bleed, with an emptiness and the pain that your gifts had cursed them with!
© Copyright 2005 Trouble (gypsytrouble at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973692-Cursed