*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/968550-Waiting
by B J
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #968550
Someone lost, wishing only to know she is happy.
How much longer can this life last without you.
You are the meaning of everything I want to be, and without you everything is lost. If only I could have held you in my arms once, I would have never let go......

Inside I build this dream that you will forever be mine, my life hangs on the promises we made.
I go everyday with the constant memory of the most wonderful feeling I ever had.
It keeps me holding on, knowing I could never let go.

All I ever wanted was for you to be happy,
so I gave you what you asked.
You are worth everything, so I gave my most precious gift away, a forever friend I had made but the love of my life I had lost.

Still alone, heart untouched, keeping the memory alive, though no other could take it away.
I search for the missing part of me that gave life it's meaning, my soul cannot sing without your love to listen.

Not knowing where you are or what you have brought into your life, I pray that you found happiness. I will never love another the way I loved you, with the truest of my heart.

I will still continue searching and I leave this note behind. If you find in your heart that this love is true, and you miss the feeling that was inside you, it will be here in me who will always love you.

Dedicated to, Jill Marie Laflower, 5/8/05
© Copyright 2005 B J (scooter21786 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/968550-Waiting