*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/961822-dolls
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #961822
this is a horror story. just the first chapter.
Chapter One:A Startling Way to Awake

It was a cool night in April in the Myers household with a breeze blowing in from the Chesapeake bay. Everyone was comfortably asleep in the house including the many pets. A little girl of about age 7 named Joy was sleeping in one of the back rooms of the house dreaming about being in school and running through the halls lost as she normally did due to the anxiety she had always suffered from.

For no reason at all Joy awoke out of her sleep and felt a sharp stab of fear go through her body. She was prone to these "fear" attacks because she was always anxious but this time she felt extra frightened like her heart was pounding throughout her whole body. She opened her eyes and tried to adjust them to her dark room.

Another wave of panic went through her body as she realized that none of the cats that calmed her down at night and helped her sleep were on her bed. The cats were a means of comfort to Joy and without them she felt weak and afraid. She thought about running across the room to get out of the room and run to her parents room but as always she was scared to put her feet on the floor in the dark thinking that something might grab them. As her eyes adjusted more to the dark she saw that the door to her bedroom was shut.

That couldn't be..she thought to herself in a panic. There is no way my door is shut. Her door was never closed EVER even during the day because she was scared to death among many other things of being in a room with the door closed all by herself. She stared through the dark intensly trying to see if the door really was closed or if it just appeared that way. No it was definitely closed she soon realized as she noticed the crack of light coming from below the closed door.

Panic filled her head and she could not think and could not move. All she could do was sit frozen with her eyes squeezed shut. Her panicked mind finally came up with the courage to scream for her parents. Maybe if they heard her screaming they would come to the door and run to her bed and save her and she wouldnt be left in the dark room with all the unknown presences in it.

She let out a scream at the top of her lungs..MOMMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!! MOMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!! was all she screamed over and over again. She soon stopped as she realized her mom wasnt going to hear her. Her parents always slept with their door closed and a noisy air conditioner on so there was no chance they could hear her...especially not across the whole house to her bedroom.

Joy felt her throat start to tighten up..at this moment she wished she could be anywhere other than this dark room all by herself with the door closed. She tried to picture that she was outside during the daytime playing fun games with her family but it just did not work. Her heart was pounding uncontrollably and crazy thoughts were racing through her head. She thought again about running across the room to open the door but could not move for she was still frozen with fear.

Two words came uttering out of the darkness near Joy's closet door. In a high pitched slightly evil voice the words "Haannhhh Joy" were uttered. The first word sounded like "hi" but came out in a foggy gutteral sounding way. Almost like the source that uttered it was poorly imitating some english it had picked up on.
© Copyright 2005 kitychik (kitychik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/961822-dolls